Battlefield 2042

They would but EA also rather sell you that baby for $70 bones.

Itā€™s odd. I want this game, but I also donā€™t want to ever pay for XBL Gold again, which I would have to do in order to play this game. Add on the fact that Halo MP wonā€™t require Gold to play, and the decision to not get this might be quite easy.

But why the decision to not make campaign at all, did not enough people play the previous campaigs? Covid perhaps, they had to prioritize MP?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1402647746713161731?s=20

1 Like

Hmmm, heā€™s not wrong there.

Gonna be honest there hasnt been a decent BF campaign since the 360 and the xbox one versions all just functioned as glorified tutorials.

1 Like

There it is:

5 Likes

Yeah, I get why guys who donā€™t like multiplayer are disappointed, but BF was rarely any good at them anyway

I didnā€™t even play the campaigns in BF1 and BFV

2 Likes

I liked them. Also not paying ā‚¬80 for an MP-only game :wink:

I have no issue with the lack of singleplayer since they all have mostly been forgettable for the most part. However, I expect those resources redeployed elsewhere and fleshes out the rest of the package. I will have to wait and see if this has happened.

1 Like

10 extra dollars for MP only? Unfortunately, itā€™s a hard pass for me. Might pick it up later down the line. Looks interesting though.

2 Likes

I mean thats fair but Battlefield is one of those franchises that the main/only draw is Multiplayer.

Also Grubb gets it so I wouldnt bet on any GP deal for this https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1402647503065939978?s=20

2 Likes

The game is regarded as ā€œLive Serviceā€ on the official site.

Itā€™s coming to gamepass real soon.

1 Like

And EA give up the opportunity to pocket 60-70 bucks on its established franchise? Doubt

Makes zero business sense to me particularly if the game demos well and the buildup isnt a disaster. People still buy games.

Arenā€™t all DICE games live-service games? Doesnā€™t mean anything.

1 Like

Some more details on the game.

That was a pretty sick trailer. Excited to see gameplay on Sunday.

I honestly think one of the most hype things they could do is start the show with Phil saying everything you are about to see is day 1 in Gamepass and then the very first game shown is Battlefield. I still think itā€™s happening even if we donā€™t get an announcement on Sunday

I saw itā€™s 64 players on Xbox One + X and 128 on Series X|S. So yeah, smaller maps for last-gen.

The game is kind of expensive with no campaign, but oh well, still hyped for Battlefield going back to that sweet Battlefield 3/4 gameplay.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather spend my MP-time in Halo this fall, for free. I like Battlefield, but MP is not that serious to me.

Last great Battlefield campaign was Bad Company 1. They rightfully focus on multiplayer which looks sick.

Is this cross gen?

1 Like