Battlefield 2042

I’m hearing PS5 is having issues. I know PC is having issues after watching multiple streams this morning. And after watching Doncabesa stream the Series X version earlier it isn’t perfect on Xbox, but may be the best of the bunch, at least

1 Like

Yall think this gets delayed further or this is gonna launch as is come November?

I dont think I can take another delay💀

I think it launches on time with most of this stuff cleaned up, but a couple of the more annoying ones persisting. So the people who were never buying it anyway will have the ammo they need to say “ugh, thank’s for saviing me money, EA”

1 Like

I just want that stupid banner that drops on the top of the screen saying “enemy controls X, Y and Z sector” GONE. its terrible.

Are we sure it’s a beta :rofl:

Betafield lmao

1 Like

Just played a match. Visually it was pretty buggy, but nothing that felt criminally bad, and hopefully they’ll have it tuned up by launch. As others have pointed out, the loading times are much better than on last-gen. (I’m on Series X)

I put 100+ hours into BF1 and maybe 40ish into BF5. Not sure about this one. Something about the shooting (especially the audio) feels off to me. And damn, that map is HUGE, arguably too big.

If it was still due out in October, FOMO might have gotten to me and I likely would have picked it up. But now with it coming out in mid-November…I’ll probably just wait for Halo Infinite, and then play BF2042 on EA Play sometime next year? Hard to argue with saving the $70…

1 Like

It’s just so damn boring.

I’ve never heard that said about BF before

Isn’t hazard zone supposed to be their free mode?

If the game is buggy I don’t see why anyone would buy it if they have gamepass. Just wait 6 months to a year and get the game for “free” and it will be far less buggy.

Honestly, in regards to this entry, I get the sentiment. I’ve played a few matches now, and it’s a LOT of running between sectors, hoping to see some conflict. This map in the beta doesn’t give a good first impression of the appeal of Battlefield, in my opinion.

you shouldn’t run, look for vehicles or stay back and play defense.

Yeah, I know…I’ve dumped hundreds of hours into the series. The point I tried to make in my earlier post is that the map from the beta feels larger and emptier than previous entries, so you’re left either hunting for conflict (whether running or in a vehicle) or waiting for it to come to you, and so far, neither has been very fun.

1 Like

Does that make me your first? :flushed:

1 Like

I think the lack of customization/progression doesn’t help. It’s a limited toolset for the beta.

This really feels more like a technical test because simple stuff like button binding or HUD size arent there.

yeah, it is a very sliced off section present here. Not a demo at all like half the “betas” out there are.

I would be shocked but I wouldnt be surprised if they delay this to March but I dont see it.

Is it just me or is the beta overwhelming? It’s the map, it’s so fucking huge. But I also don’t often play conquest that much.

Which has me wondering, will this have Team DM at all? There’s a second mode in the beta which we can’t play but they call it squad based teamplay, maybe Team DM is in there? Or are we going to have to check Portal for that?

Flying around with the helicopter and just merking people is so much fun. I think this will be a great game but Halo is just so far ahead for me.

1 Like

It really does just feel too big. Increase the player count to 256 I say.