Battlefield 2042 - Coming October 15th

FAKE.

Beyond Enemy Lines 2 sur Steam (steampowered.com)

So no news today?

No, nothing. :confused:

Figured it had to be

1 Like

Man those insiders are useless

lmfaoo I can mock up better placeholder UI in 5 minutes than this, so much fake shit going around rn :sob:

This makes no sense to me, obviously the game will be hold back by last-gen and those crappy CPUs.

1 Like

Same, it reads like PR talk to me.

The reason I wanted this new Battlefield to be next gen only was because that limited userbase would almost ensure that EA would put it on Gamepass, or least Gamepass Ultimate through EA Play. They still very well could, but this would have made it much more sensible and likely

Personally, I never feared if it wasnā€™t current gen only, it would be held back by the last gen. Reason being I remember Battlefield 4, vividly. It released on the 360 and PS3 just a month ahead of the One and PS4ā€™s releases. Once I upgraded from the 360 to the One, the multitude of differences were obvious

With the scaling they did, they essentially made two different versions of the game for console. And I expect them to do that again here. The last gen versions will likely have less player counts, less frames and certainly lower graphical settings. And they wonā€™t even be the worst versions of the game. PC will. PC will also be the best version

These things are made to scale to what your specs are. So chill out guys

1 Like

Haha yeah. This was the same shit 343 and MS said back in July ā€œbuilt from the ground up for Series Xā€ like ok, we know how trash these 2013 CPUs were on release let alone a whole generation later, itā€™s fine, we can understand.

EA trademaked a patent for a new Battle Pass system

Certainly lends more credence to the idea that BF6 multiplayer could be free-to-play

1 Like

Iā€™m very excited if this drops the cinematic baggage of the last few entries which didnā€™t feel like traditional BF, but rather cinematic war simulators. I also hope EA revisits Bad Company one day. Loved those games.

So whatā€™s the expectation for when weā€™ll truly get to see it? EA Play is July, right? Surely weā€™ll see it before that though?

June:

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1391815555234009093

1 Like
1 Like

deh neh deh neh neh neh

Deh Neh Deh Neh Neh Neh

DEH NEH DEH NEH NEH NEH!!!

3 Likes

With Gamepass twitter account hints and Jeff Grubb saying this is part of the Xbox E3, this has to be launching into GP.

It looks like BF is teasing stuff to streamers

Is that a Typhoon in background?