Banjo-Kazooie is coming to Nintendo Switch Online in January

Originally published at: Banjo-Kazooie is coming to Nintendo Switch Online in January - XboxEra

Today Nintendo revealed Banjo-Kazooie is coming to the Nintendo 64 games line-up for the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack. This has been made possible by Rare, who have cooperated with Nintendo on bringing Banjo-Kazooie to the Switch.

Always a pleasure to work with our good friends at Nintendo, I’m a big fan of #NintendoSwitchOnline and it’s really important to preserve classic games for future generations to play. Banjo and other @RareLtd classics also available on @XboxGamePass and as part of #RareReplay 🎮 https://t.co/RV0Gx0fbhh

— Craig Duncan (@Gamerboss) December 10, 2021

It’s not the first time Rare and Nintendo have worked together during the Switch-era. Banjo-Kazooie is also a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Banjo-Kazooie N64 will be available in January.

1 Like

Nintendo got more from Banjo than Xbox. Pain.

1 Like

Nuts 'n Bolts isn’t on any Nintendo platform :stuck_out_tongue:

What are you talking about? Xbox has all 3 banjo games in 4k and even never before functionality like stop ‘n’ swap.

1 Like

new stuff*

Banjo in Smash and now in Switch Online

And what exactly is new stuff in the Nintendo Online port of Banjo?

1 Like

It just got added :thinking: that’s something new, even though it’s the same old game

You can play this game on xCloud on your phone.

How’s that for something new :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

so its not new, thanks for clearing this up

Bro just let me be mad in peace :pensive:

1 Like

Fine :smiley:

New Banjo content since November 11 2008

On Xbox: 0

On Nintendo: 1 (Banjo in Smash)

Define: ‘new’

You are mad right now about this? You are 2 years late to this party bro!

Besides all the reported issues with N64 emulation on Switch, the thing that really irritates me about their implementation of virtual console games on Switch is the way they have that ‘1P’ (one player) icon on screen at all times. It’s so distracting. Just give me the game window and black borders. They always have to overcomplicate something. I haven’t signed up for the N64 add on - I presume you’re still not able to turn off the 1P icon in options?