Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora announced for Xbox Series X|S

Originally published at: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora announced for Xbox Series X|S - XboxEra

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is coming exclusively to the new generation of consoles in 2022, Ubisoft has announced.

Developed by Massive Entertainment, known for its work on The Division series, this open-world, first-person, action-adventure game is being built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine.

In this new, standalone story, play as a Na’vi and embark on a journey across the Western Frontier, a never-before-seen part of Pandora. Explore a living and reactive world inhabited by unique creatures and new characters, and push back the formidable RDA forces that threaten it.

6 Likes

Avatar 2 will become the highest-grossing movie of all time and hopefully single-handedly kill superhero movies. So this will probably be decently popular. Glad to be seeing some real next-gen games starting next year.

1 Like

Would have preferred third person over first person but nevertheless, still day one. Looking forward to Avatar being current generation only!!!

1 Like

The trailer was enough to peak my interest, but I will need to see actual gameplay before issuing any judgments.

2 Likes

Looks good and interesting, but I thought it would be third person… So yeah, it reminds me of Far Cry Primal but in a good way. This game will be beautiful and being only on next-gen is reassuring tbh.

Actually it won’t be next-gen only. It’ll be released on Stadia too, which is based on last-gen AMD GCN 1.5 architecture.

Xbox One X for reference is based on custom GPU with GCN 2/GCN 4 solutions and Polaris features.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, right. What I meant is that they won’t have to take into account PS4 and Xbox One for their baseline. But yeah, it’s easy to forget about Stadia and Luna tbh…

1 Like

Hahaha get out of here. Avatar 2 will flop. First one was overrated as hell and only made money due to 3D fad.

This game will most likely be better than any of the movies.

1 Like

Never doubt Cameron.

5 Likes

Hes made great movies. Avatar isn’t one of them.

1 Like

Maybe but it still grossed more than Avengers Endgame. Highest grossing movie of all time just like Titanic was. Titanic surpassed Terminator 2 and Avatar surpassed Titanic. Avatar 2 will become the #1 highest grossing movie of all time because James Cameron is a super-human who will keep surpassing his previous records, because that is his will.

1 Like

I wonder if you’ll only be able to play as the blue fellas. Otherwise, I think Ubisoft will have a massive controversy on their hands about colonialization because fiction is apparently dangerous.

Smurf sim!

Wonder if we get to hunt the smurfs? That would be fun.

Avatar 2 won’t do anything. I don’t see any hype for this movie. We’re still in a post pandemic world. Movie grosses will take years to get to where they were.

And Noone cares about gross. It’s about your enjoyment of the movie and avatar was medicore at best.

An Avatar game might be much more enjoyable and better written then the movies. Avatar itself was so trite and basic in writing, the visuals were amazing but my god was it a badly written boring movie.

I liked the trailer and the world is an easy set up for a video game. I hope more care is given to the story and the world and not just ignored as a movie tie in

I absolutely loved Avatar and I watched it multiple times at the movies. Plot is simple but it was a thrill ride from beginning and end and it was gorgeous.

1 Like

Just when I thought I was out, Ubisoft pull me back in…

Be keeping an eye on this game. If it’s a single-player then I’ll be very interested. Exploring Pandora could be awesome.

Also, I love the people who always keep doubting James Cameron, trying to downplay how huge an event his films always are & how huge Avatar 2 will be. Yeah guys, I’m sure this time he will fail & one of his films will flop. We should just ignore all of those other times before, when people doubted him & said he would flop. Again & again… & again. Forget all of that. This time he will definitely flop. Keep believing :laughing::+1:

2 Likes

I hope its only first person wyen using bow,but if it doesnt switch to 3rd person between weapon use probably wont get it then. I thought trailer was awesome.

1 Like

Snowdrop Tech Showcase -

Day freaking one!!!

2 Likes