Assassin's Creed Valhalla New Story trailer + additional details (updated)

So… we have a crossgen game scheduled to launch on November 10th. It had an underwhelming first impression of its visuals back in July. Now it returns just three months later with a much improved presentation. Better faces, better lighting, better water effects. Remind anyone of anything??

1 Like

Do you think this will have a 30fps and 60fps options?

AC:V

PC requirements

4k 30 requires 5700xt or 2080. With a 8 core cpu at 3.6 GHz

XSX is gonna be this mode at 60 FPS because XSX GPU is afterall better then 5700xt. Maybe a mix of ultra and high settings also.

Sorry but no. You aren’t doubling the framerate over a 2080…let’s be realistic! Also from what I’m hearing the console GPUs are not as comparable by pure teraflop numbers as you might like. Seems like a demanding game. Do you think there will be a 4K 30 option with settings turned up and a 60 one with lower settings maybe?

1 Like

No one is comparing over Tflops!

Compared comparing to 5700xt! There is 12 more CU computes. And console optimization is also a thing plus a combination of very high and ultra settings is mostly given on consoles.

Edit: and ofcourse dynamic 4k is a thing on consoles.

Yep all true - I’m hearing that the performance of the consoles relative to PC chips is LOWER than you’d think. So anyway we’ll see. I’m betting we’ll get 60FPS somewhere between high and enthusiast and 30FPS somewhere between enthusiast and ultra (probably closer to enthusiast). Lets bookmark this so you can laugh at me when I’m wrong!

Nothing to laugh at mate🙃

We are just speculating - we don’t need to keep scores here.

Happy gaming :wink:

1 Like

From AMD official blogpost

Why you quoted my comment with this :sweat_smile:

Cause you were estimating 4k30 requirements for certain cards and speculating about the XSX perf range if I understood correctly

Yeah! I was. Okay

1 Like

No problem.

I’m secretly hoping that part of the season pass is a remastered version of the very first AC.

Have only ever played Odyssey (just a couple of months ago) and enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one, looks great.

Just watched this and looks pretty good.

Just watched the expansion pass and seasonal content trailer and while I was already going to buy the Gold Edition Digitally anyway, this has gotten me more hyped for the game and everything that’s coming after. Best of all, im very happy that they went back to releasing the expansions as complete instead of that episodic bullshit which majority hated and like me, waited until each expansion was complete for AC Odyssey. Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 is great as that gives me stuff to play in case it’s slow or games get delayed to late 2021 or into 2022. Getting more hyped and excited by the day!!!

This chart is showing 2080 running on max settings and from the sound of it a locked 4k.

While on SX the 60fps mode would very likely have a very aggressive resolution scaling and lower settings.

But yeah, doubling 2080 performance and just having max settings and a locked 4k resolution is something I wouldn’t expect even a 3080 to pull off

1 Like