Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon Announced For Xbox One/Series, PS4/5, and Steam

header

ABOUT THIS GAME

Dynamic, Fast-Paced Mech Action Based on the knowledge gained during joint development of their recent titles, Bandai Namco Entertainment and FromSoftware seek to deliver a new action game. By combining FromSoftware’s longstanding expertise in mech games and their signature robust gameplay, ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON will be a new action experience.

In ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON, players will assemble and pilot their own mech with 3D maneuverability to move freely through three dimensional fast-paced missions. Take on difficult challenges and overwhelm your enemies with dynamic movements that make full use of ranged and melee combat. Players can enjoy a variety of actions that can only be truly realized with mechs.

ss_430ab6ad267888137775aa68eb5baffce165dbce.600x338

Story Overview

A mysterious new substance was discovered on the remote planet, Rubicon 3. As an energy source, this substance was expected to dramatically advance humanity’s technological and communications capabilities. Instead, this substance caused a catastrophe that engulfed the planet and the surrounding stars in flames and storms, forming a Burning Star System.

Almost half a century later, the same substance resurfaced on Rubicon 3, a planet now contaminated and sealed off by the catastrophe.

Extra-terrestrial corporations and resistance groups fight over control of the substance. The player infiltrates Rubicon as an independent mercenary and finds themself in a struggle over the substance with the corporations and other factions.

6 Likes

LET’S GO LET’S GOOOOO!

FINALLY SOME GOOD FUCKING MECHA!

ELDEN RING? WHO CARES!

But really, best announcement

2 Likes

I guess the expansion would have to wait. Also, I got a feeling it will be delayed to early 2024.

On board with anything FromSoft/Miyazaki. Haven’t played any of the older entries but also very much on board for giant robot combat!

I’m actually a little surprised this is a numbered entry, and they didn’t just stick with a subtitle to seem more accessible for newcomers.

Big fan of the first games

Steam page went up, so I added a little more info to the top post.

2 Likes

Shame it’s last gen still.

That didn’t stop Elden Ring from being amazing. Game is gonna be bonkers cross-gen or not, From proved their worth and talent many times already especially under Miyazaki.

Automatic day one purchase for me of course! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Just as I’ve been saying that’s gonna continue happening a lot for JP games, next gen only releases at this stage basically ensure no sales in Japan. Last gen for JP games will be dropped when Switch 2 releases and then the vast majority of JP games will be available on there + usual PS/Xbox is my thoughts.

4 Likes

Haven’t several AC games been kinda average? I know From has grown a lot, they stand for quality and fun games but AC hasn’t always been top notch, has it?

IIRC the director of Sekiro is working on this one so I think we are OK, From right now is one of the most efficient and high quality studios out there so I have complete faith in them to deliver something great with this one.

Also is that trailer fuckin’ amazing or what? music and atmosphere are top-notch.

1 Like

The games are turbo niche, for hardcore mecha enthusiasts only basically, I mean you even have to make sure the weight and balance of your mech’s armor and load out is suited for battle, that’s the kind of depth I’m talking about here, so that’s why the games got “okay” scores, because they’re basically for a small group of people only (like me!)

I’m interested to see how the mainstream media reacts to it now that From has gone huge since ACV. Hopefully not too much “What is this?! This isn’t Souls!”

2 Likes

From will deliver on soundtrack and atmosphere for sure! Armored Core has very much delivered on this before

By the way, Armored Core 4 was Miyazaki’s first directed game!

1 Like