An Xbox Game Pass 'Family Plan' is on the way

It was only a matter of time before this was going to happen. Funnily enough it was recently a topic of discussion on a recent Kinda Funny Xcast podcast.

3 Likes

1 Like

It is an interesting point I feel, that when something seems simple but it hasn’t happened, there is probably a good reason why.

2 Likes

Depending on the implementation I may well sign up for this.

I’m curious how they will handle existing subscriptions. My expiration date is currently January 2024, so unless I can do some kind of reasonable conversion I’m obviously not interested until after that date.

Price is obviously also a factor.

1 Like

I know a lot of people who will be happy about this!

2 Likes

1 Like

I wonder how that is going to work. Could it be like how Nintendo does it?

For me and my brother it won’t matter until like late 2024 or so, because we have GPU until then.

Probably the same as their other services work, like Office?

And how does that work? :wink:

I’ve not used a pc or office in a eternity, haha

You buy the subscription with a family plan on your main account and then you can share it with up to five other people you have added to your family, all from your Microsoft account page. It’s very easy.

2 Likes

Are there tiers? For number of people, I mean. Like a 3-person family plan, a 5-person, etc.

I think there’s only one which is you + five others, so 6 in total. That’s what I have at least, can’t see any other options.

1 Like

Jez hinted that it could be because of royalties and stuff for people not paying for the subscription.

When Jez said this would be a small news, he was really underselling it I would say. This is big, and has the potential to expose Game Pass to people who would never have bought it.

1 Like

Well “small news” because there isn’t any dates or solid details about it.

Yeah, and rake in more from bigger households which make do with one sub now and think two is too expensive. I know several people who will jump at this and spend more money if the price is right.

1 Like