AMD 6000 series GPU's Announced!

They need to worry about producing enough units of the 3070, 3080, and 3090 first ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried getting a rtx 3080, this morning I tried getting a rtx 3070 where it failed while processing payment less than 20 seconds after it came in stockā€¦

Iā€™m seriously fed up with Nvidia messing up so badly, never in my life Iā€™ve had issues like this getting a new video card a launch.

While part of me doesnā€™t want to miss out on raytracing or DLSS (doesnā€™t seem like all games will have working raytracing with amd, at least initially) I think Iā€™ve had enough that if I canā€™t get my hands on a 3000 series card by the time the 6800xt comes out, Nvidia can f*** right off and Iā€™ll be running my games in a full build, complete with red led lighting and red liquid in my tubing (itā€™s already the case, but thatā€™s just a coincidence). Iā€™ve sold my GTX 1080 as it still has insane value, never thought itā€™d be so hard for me to give my money away to a GPU manufacturerā€¦

If both have DLSS or an equivalent (both will) then longevity in terms of ray tracing really isnā€™t a problem.

1 Like

RX 6000 series architecture.

6900xt Uploading: 20201030_115616.jpgā€¦

Infinite cache is a piece of Art.

Intresting!

Looks like RX 6000 series doesnā€™t have int-4 and int-8 support like XSX and XSS

If it would have they should have mentioned it like this

Also, the ray intersection engine appears to be separate from the TMU. I Donā€™t think it is using TMUā€™s for intersection ops like reported earlier :thinking:

AMD Publishes More Radeon RX 6900 XT, RX 6800 XT & RX 6800 RDNA 2 Graphics Card Benchmarks in 4K & WQHD

Really impressive results!

6000 series appears to be a lot better then small Navi or Polaris. But with all vendorā€™s benchmarks they should be distrusted until other outlets get the hands on them.

At least there is competition with the 3000 & 6000 series this round.