Alan Wake 2 (Game Awards teaser) 2023 (PS, EGS, XBOX)

I’m catching up to the Game Awards last night and wow !

Expected, but I’m so ready for this. I played a bit of AW Remastered recently, which is still an awesome game and even better now with the enhancements.

I hope Sam Lake can go crazy with this game. Not too crazy like Control, but it seems like he wants to make a darker game than AW. So survival horror is the way to go really. Don’t mess with the open world stuff or vehicles (it felt out of place in the first game).

Can’t wait !

From AlanWake.com :

A familiar face appeared on screen at The Game Awards, and an equally familiar voice was heard. We are beyond excited to have finally reached the point of talking to you about what we’ve been working on for so long. Alan Wake is getting a sequel.

Trust us when we say that we appreciate your undying support for us and a certain writer through the years and believe us when we add that we at Remedy are just as fond of our lost hero as you are (wild, we know!).

“Where is Alan Wake 2?”

Along with our partners at Epic Games Publishing, we have worked tirelessly to shed some light on what has long been obscured by darkness. After 11 long years, the writer’s return is a reality and the dangers lurking in the dark are even more sinister than the Taken roaming Bright Falls.

Alan Wake 2 has been written into reality and it’s coming your way in 2023 for PC via the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X. You read that right – Alan Wake 2 will be a truly next-generation experience.

Not only that, but Alan Wake 2 also turns up the level of dread as our very first dive into the survival horror genre, so expect a chilling experience with familiar psychological horror elements.

Now that the sequel has been announced and the trailer is out, we are going to go “dark” until Summer of 2022 when we’ll return to shed more light on the game.

Thank you for your support through the years. For now – back into the darkness we descend. In the meantime, we’re thrilled to leave you with the announce trailer.

Be careful out there. Monsters wear many faces.

7 Likes

Happy for Remedy they now seem to be getting more success but I’m sadly over their brand of games.

“we are going to go “dark” until Summer of 2022 when we’ll return to shed more light on the game.”

So they are going to show more at E3 ?

EXCLUSIVELY on Geoff’s Summer Games show .

Very excited for this as a big fan of the first game. Not so keen on the shift to Survival Horror, but I trust Remedy to deliver the goods.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see if they expand on what they mean by this, the OG had limited ammo and was a horror game, so do they just mean that they are dialling up the psychological horror/horror aspects and making it less of a shooter?

The OG was an action game with horror elements . This new one is going to be " Dark " . - Sam Lake .

Really excited for this as I love the first game (AN was decent too) and I am a big fan of survival horror games. Can’t wait to see and know more about the game!

Also the game will look absolutely bonkers seeing how it’s not a cross-gen game. :partying_face:

Looking forward to this. Remedy always has interesting games and Alan Wake and his fans deserved a sequel.

Lets see how this survival horror turns out. Can it really get more horror than Alans short breath ‘sprinting’?

Ta, doesn’t make it much clearer, guess we’ll just have to wait 'til next summer when we hear more. Should be good what ever Sam Lakes a great writer.

One of the three new games added to my list. Survival Horror Alan Wake??? Yes please. Looking forward to this.

1 Like

When this came on i said fuck yeah to myself, well not until the end showed the platforms.

Bring it the fuck on!!!

1 Like

I get the sense that poor Alan is going to be seriously fucked up in this game.

1 Like

He looks like John Wick now .

Plot Twist : The game is survival horror but Alan Wake is the monster . Others gotta run from him . :phil_lmao:

I could get into that actually :joy:. Alan Wake becomes Mr Scratch.

This was the coolest reveal at The Game Awards for me. Can’t stress how excited I am for this game. Also worth mentioning that Alan Wake: Remastered is only $14 on the Epic Game Store (PC) with coupon that gets applied during checkout. Probably on sale on the consoles as well. Awesome game for those who haven’t yet played it.

2 Likes