AI: The Somnium Files – nirvanA Initiative is coming to Xbox in 2022

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2021/07/01/ai-the-somnium-files-nirvana-initiative-is-coming-to-xbox-in-2022/

I bet you did not see this one coming: Spike Chunsoft has announced that AI: The Somnium Files – nirvanA Initiative is coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 in 2022.

Six years ago, the right half of a corpse was discovered under mysterious circumstances. The left half was never found…until six years later, when it was discovered completely fresh with no signs of decay, as though the victim was alive until just recently. Now, newly-appointed Special Agent Mizuki and her AI partner Aiba are tasked to solve the bizarre Half Body serial killings…

nirvanA Initiative is the sequel to the critically acclaimed AI: The Somnium Files, released in 2019 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam.

This is the first game ever to be published by Spike Chunsoft on Xbox. The company is well known for the Danganronpa franchise, which mixes adventure, visual novel and dating simulator elements.

14 Likes

YOOO, IS THERE HOPE FOR DANGANRONPA ON XBOX?!

Also, I didn’t mention this in the article for professional reasons, but…

…the announcement mentions Steam AND Windows 10! Game Pass inbound?

9 Likes

Alright, Xbox nation. Time to shine! Support the shit outta this game and any company making its Xbox debut, like Spike Chunsoft. You want more of these titles on Xbox? Go buy them! I know I will, even if I can play many of those games on my PS5. Maybe we will get Danganronpa one day on Xbox. I hope Xbox or Phil I reading the room when it comes to these titles.

7 Likes

Sweet. I actually really like visual novels like these. This was such a pleasant surprise to me. I’ll be supporting this game, hopefully Spike Chunsoft decides to put future games on Xbox too.

5 Likes

More please!

danganronpa GIF

4 Likes

Looks like it’s the same team that did the first game. Surprising because the main creative head Kotaro Ushikoshi left for his own studio.

Hopefully they release the first game as well and fix some of the pacing issues in the sequel.

EDIT: Just watch the trailer and saw that the MC played the beginning of 999 on her handheld. Zero Escape collection incoming as well ? :eyes:

1 Like

Wondering if I should wait for Gamepass or not on this title. Do we have an idea on price? I don’t seem to find it on the Xbox store. If it’s a low priced title I’m not against buying it to support the devs into bringing more to the platform.

It’s $60, just like the first one.

Is the original coming? I have it on Steam from a Spike Chunsoft sale last year but didn’t play it yet. I’ll wait for Xbox if it’s coming.

They haven’t said anything yet. We’ll see.

This and Rune Factory 4 Special (from XSeed/Marvelous) will probably be on my day 1 buy lists. Now we just need NISA to break. They will be the most stubborn I feel.

4 Likes

Zero escape would be cool but 999 must be played on DS :wink:. The best use of taking advantage of the hardware gimmick I have ever seen. I get goosebumps thinking about it that usage was that good.

Played the Zero Escape collection on the Vita so I’ve never experienced the DS features. But I have PTSD from Virtue Last Rewards. Who had the brilliant idea to show in almost every path the death of Alice and drug effect on Quark.

Visual novel eh, so in that sense a little like Phoenix Wright?

I think only tricky thing is they haven’t released first one on platform, so may be hard for some to jump into a series. However, for myself I am going to check out first game on playstation since its currently on sale on PSN

The collector’s edition is now available to pre-order on Amazon.com

Numskull are the european distributor for the standard and collector’s edition for the Switch and PS4 version.

This could mean that the physical Xbox version (standard and CE) is NA exclusive.

Danganronpa on gamepass makes too much sense.

I forgot Rune Factory is coming too! That’s also day 1 for me.

I know. I wouldn’t be surprised if the first one is ported before the new one arrives tho.

1 Like

I wish I could support this type of game on Xbox by buying something in a different series… but I might just take one for the team and buy it. I’m gonna complain a lot though!

2 Likes