Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition |OT| Wololo-ing In The Modern Age

capsule_616x353

Do you remember a time, when armies were built.

And powerful cities collapsed.

When the smallest of choices echoed through the pages of history.

It was an Age… Of Empires!

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is a real-time strategy game developed by Forgotten Empires and is available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC priced at $19.99 USD. It can also be played with a Game Pass subscription.

There is also a Deluxe Definitive Edition priced at $39.99 USD that contains the base game along with the following DLCs:

Lords of the West

Battle across Western Europe and the Mediterranean with three new campaigns, and claim victory by means of sheer military might, diplomatic prowess, or through overwhelming economic power!

Dawn of the Dukes

Battle your way across Central and Eastern Europe with three new campaigns, overwhelming your opponents with sheer military might and economic productivity or with highly disciplined and technologically innovative armies!

Dynasties of India

Battle your way across India with three new campaigns, three diverse India civilizations, and a multitude of new units and buildings, allowing you to conquer your foes with new tactics!

OVERVIEW

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of the most popular strategy games ever, now with stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, and a fully remastered soundtrack. Age of Empires II: DE features “The Last Khans” with 3 new campaigns and 4 new Civilizations. Frequent updates include events, additional content, new game modes, and enhanced features with the recent addition of Co-Op mode!

Explore all the original Campaigns and the best-selling expansions like never before. With over 200 hours of gameplay and 1,000 years of human history, improved experiences await. Head online to challenge other players in your quest for world domination with 35 different Civilizations. You can also experience new Civilizations and Campaigns with the Lords of the West DLC! Recent updates include a Battle Royale game mode, ongoing support for the Scenario Editor, Quick Play for easy social games, enhancements to the game UI, and more!

Choose your path to greatness with an eye-catching and engaging remaster to one of the most beloved strategy games of all time.

USEFUL RESOURCES

For a TON more info about game modes and learning about the in-game systems, I suggest visiting the AoE website. Lots of useful stuff there.

I also found that on Forgotten Worlds’ site they also have some info if you want a really small, very brief overview for playing all the different Civilizations in the game. Info about their strengths and weaknesses, the unique units and different techs they have between them, along with a bit of real history.

https://www.forgottenempires.net/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition

DOWNLOAD LINKS

7 Likes

Played the tutorial campaign and really liking the controls. Happy I can play this on my console now.

3 Likes

Thank Goodness this game won’t ever leave.

5 Likes

Does anybody have any recommendations for couch keyboards?

Had a quick game on console, the control scheme is incredible! Although I havnt figured out if you can make groups and swap between them.

They should bring all the Age of games to console with this control scheme !

Think they will. AOE4 is next up to be ported after this right?

4 Likes

Razer Turret for Xbox One | Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

1 Like

I don’t know if they mentioned this anywhere but I found they’re allowing mods on console. I know there’s tons of them on PC but there’s only 4 on console for now.

If you haven’t yet, the 4th William Wallace level shows you how in the very beginning. I think you can only do it using the Advanced Interface.

The console port was very well made! Although I am now curious as too how AOE4 would be different from 2 since they look so similar.

2 Likes

How are the expansions? Worth a purchase?

Why’s this thread so dead ! People with GamePass need to try this masterpiece

2 Likes

Today is the release of the new DLC named Return of Rome, which is focused on porting Age Of Empires content into Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition. It’s priced at $14.99 USD and is available on Xbox and PC.

What’s included in this package is 3 new campaigns, 28 maps, one new game mode called D3, inspired by a ruleset made popular in Vietnam, and 17 civilizations including a completely new civilization exclusive to Return of Rome, the Lac Viet.

This DLC is not included in the Deluxe Add-On Bundle and must be purchased separately.

CONTENT

17 Ancient Civilizations

• Assyrians
  • Babylonians
  • Carthaginians
  • Choson
  • Egyptians
  • Greeks
  • Hittites
  • Macedonians
  • Minoans
  • Palmyrans
  • Persians
  • Phoenicians
  • Shang
  • Sumerians
  • Yamato
  • Romans - Also available for use in standard Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition.
  • Lac Viet - The ancient civilization of Southeast Asia, and entirely new to Age Of Empires.

D3 Game Mode

A popular ruleset used in Vietnam. It’s a mode that restricts early rushes. You can only build one military unit before Bronze Age and cannot fight until the first player starts researching Bronze Age technology.

3 FULLY VOICED CAMPAIGNS

Sargon of Akkad

An unlikely man rises to power in the city-states of Mesopotamia: Sargon is a simple cupbearer to the king, but everything changes when the war goddess Ishtar appears in his dreams. Under her guidance, Sargon leads the quarreling Sumerians into a new age, but the appealing nature of power forces him to choose between his divine destiny and his personal ambition. In this campaign, you will play as the Sumerians.

Pyrrhus of Epirus

As the Wars of the Diadochi saw Alexander the Great’s successors throw the Greek world into chaos, Pyrrhus of Epirus began as a small player among titans. Will he become worthy of the legendary Hannibal Barca’s judgment of him – a renowned general of the age – or will his constant uphill struggle prove insurmountable? In this campaign, you will play as the Macedonians.

Trajan

Marcus Ulpius Trajanus climbed the ranks of the legions while the Emperor Domitian’s tyrannical rule tarnished the Roman Empire’s glory. When circumstance elevates him to the throne as Emperor Trajan, he inherits a realm on the brink of disaster. Will resourcefulness, virtue, and military might be enough to save Rome and lead it to its historical zenith, or will the Roman Empire collapse four centuries before its time? In this campaign, you will play as the Romans.

Plus a whole host of Quality of Life improvements!

SCREENSHOTS

Official showcase of an Egyptian settlement

Official showcase of an East Asian settlement

Official showcase of a city with Mesopotamian Architecture set

Official showcase of Hannibal besieging a Roman city

STORE PAGE

3 Likes