Age of Empires Fan Preview - April 10 @ 9 a.m. PT /12 p.m. ET / 16:00 UTC / 18:00 CEST [Age of Empires 4 to be shown]

The time has finally come. Today we’ll get more information on Age of Empires 4.

Since the release of Age of Empires over 20 years ago , the franchise has grown to support a worldwide community of players with a shared love of real-time strategy. Over the last three years, we’ve delighted seasoned players and new fans alike with the Definitive Editions of Age of Empires, Age of Empires II , and Age of Empires III: projects which were made possible thanks to the feedback and passion of the community. We are so proud to have such an energetic, dedicated fanbase at the foundation of our community.

…and with the Definitive Editions in the hands of players, there’s a new era on the horizon… The community has been the driving force behind this amazing franchise and fueled its evolution for more than two decades; now it’s time to celebrate with an event built for YOU!

So, mark your calendars:

April 10 @ 9 a.m. PT /12 p.m. ET / 16:00 UTC / 18:00 CEST Then garrison yourself in your Town Center, gather your snacks, and get HYPED for all the Age of Empires news, content reveals, and surprises on the way. We’ll talk more about the event as we get closer, as well as where you can tune in when it’s time to make history!

5 Likes

Live stream on YouTube

2 Likes

WOLOLOLO

IT HAS STARTED yay

1 Like

Fall 2021!

1 Like

OH SHIT so this the other fall game then??

1 Like

wow they’re still making DLC for AoE 2 that’s crazy. MS are really supporting their older games even if they have new ones coming out which is cool to see.

1 Like

Sick you can pack up your buildings and move them!

edit: no Xbox version :c I did expect that though.

1 Like

oh shit the mass conversion around the relic

confirmed fall 2021.

PLS SHOW AOM DE plz

1 Like

I was hoping, but not THAT surprised. :cry:

Console version :worried:

But Age IV looks amazing.

1 Like

alas no AOM DE. :frowning: Oh well.

Either way, the game looks great, but the animations need a lot more work, seem way too choppy atm. Not sure about it even if its a deliberate art direction decision.

Other than that, super happy to see some Indian history we get to play through the Delhi Sultanate as well. Fall 2021 surprised me.

This still can’t be the game Jason Ronald was referring to, because he specifically implied unannounced game, not announced game without a release date yet. So that means FH5 is still on the table. This gon be an exciting end of year for Xbox.

2 Likes

Loved it, my body is ready.

Total war Warhammer 3 and this is going to make my day everyday.

1 Like

AoE 4:

• 8 civilizations

• beginning is similar to AOE2

• new feature in “landmark” where you can choose between 2 boni. Similar to AoM when you have to choose a god.

• 3 ways to win a game:

1. Destroy the main base
  2. Wonder
  3. The new one (a Relic special) conquer and hold “holy places” or whatever it’s called.
  • free placeable and accessible walls. This could be a problem. There is no good RTS where you can place your walls without restriction AND let soldiers use those walls.
2 Likes

AoM wouldn’t surprise me if it they’ve started something, but not far enough to announce. AoE4 really got announced too early.

1 Like

8 unique Civs, I’m in!

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

!!!

1 Like

No news on console version then I’m assuming?

Nope.

Coming to Steam, Windows Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC this fall.