Activision Blizzard Sued By California Over Constant Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, Unequal Pay, Retaliation And Worse To Its Female Employees

The state of California doesn’t care about Cod though so they can’t really hide this

I hope this make lasting damage on Acti-Bliz, a really scum company.

I wonder if we could modify the title @CallMeCraig it being just “frat boy culture” can be read as being much more “harmless” than the actual calculated and deliberate abuse that has led to at least one death.

Thanks

3 Likes

That was the title of the article Cerys. I think he put it as the article so people would know what this info is based on

Yeah I understand that, the article is kinda “softening” it too. I really think on this occasion its worth clarifying it too, not suggesting it was done with any malice or lack of empathy, just some genuine feedback.

As someone triggered badly by this news, “frat boy behaviour” is kinda a level below this systemic and deliberate abuse which has led to a death for me. I don’t feel comfortable in pulling any punches today about workplace abuse.

2 Likes

What the fuck man. This looks to be even worse than the usual stories you hear about toxic working environments, & those stories are bad enough. A poor woman actually killed herself, at least partly because the harassment was so bad?

Nah. Fuck those guys. Just submitted a form to cancel my pre-order for Diablo 2: Resurrected. I know it’s not much at all but they’re not getting any more money from me. I hope the guilty people get nailed right to the wall for this.

5 Likes

Yeah, the only way us consumers can do something is denying them our money, which go into Bobby Kotick yachts anyway, not into normal people wallets.

1 Like

I just copied the title of the article.

And i agree, what happend (and it is still happening make no mistake) over there at Activision Blizzard is far worse than the title suggests. Give me a minute.

1 Like

:heart:

Activisions response just says the investigators are hacks and contains a thinly veiley threat to relocate outside the state of California.

1 Like

There’s not only the harassment being pervasive but the issue of covering, dismissing, and neglecting that is also pervasive and part of company culture.

That’s 2 big problems it seems. But I’m merely an observer reading all of this online so there may be more dimensions to this that I’m not aware of.

If some of these actions happened in public they’d rightfully result in criminal charges but we don’t see that when it happens in the workplace, and that’s disgusting. It’s as if the workplace is a shield for these people. Criminal charges would bring some sort of justice and scare at least some of the people who would do this sort of stuff in the future.

I naively hoped the Riot games situation would’ve been a wakeup call to the gaming industry. It’s as if the industry needs an enema.

Ah, the “they’re being mean and very unfair” defense, I see

Spock Encerio GIF

Oh my god, just read through some of the details and this stuff is beyond belief. I’m floored that this stuff was allowed to go on in this day and age. Totally unacceptable.

Insomniac too!?

yep, this from last year, but absolutely no one seems to have covered this extensively, it’s appalling. Everyone was caught up in Insomniac “carrying next-gen”

5 Likes

Yep fucking pathetic

1 Like

Quick heads up to anyone who may be interested.

My refund for Diablo 2 has already been accepted & the story credit is already back in my account. They dealt with it quickly & asked no questions. Couldn’t have been simpler.

So if anyone else is maybe thinking about cancelling their pre-order but couldn’t be bothered with any hassle, I’d say go for it. It’s easy.

4 Likes

Makes me wonder how Mike and Rod are feeling and if they stick around.

They haven’t tweeted in two days besides mike clearing up he wasn’t the president mentioned in the documents they’re all probably in hush hush mode. I just find ironic how mike had that weird animosity towards xbox just to go end up working for blizzard lol

1 Like

Tbh xbox seems to be better off.

1 Like