Achievements in cloud gaming

Hi, quick question. I’ve just been playing humans fall flat on my console but using the cloud to play it. No achievements popped up on the screen, although they are there in the notifications window. I went to the rewards app and it won’t register the achievement daily reward or the 500 point monthly reward which qualifies for this game. So my question is, do the rewards not count when playing on the cloud?

I could be misremembering, but I feel like that reward doesn’t track until later in the day. I think I’ve had difficulty with it if I tried completing it before 1PM or 2PM local time (Atlantic Canada).

1 Like

I recall the daily reward has a time limit of some sort. Like for example, I completed an achievement at 12 am EST and it won’t registered. I don’t know when it’s on for everyone to earn, but that could be the case. I also recall earning an achievement via PC game and still got the daily reward. So perhaps it’s the timer.

1 Like

Roughly the same experience for me as well. If I get any achievements right after midnight they wont register for the Xbox Rewards program for that day. They may register for the reward program the previous day, but I usually have it rewarded from earlier gaming session so not exactly certain. So that generally means getting an achievement in the late afternoon / early evening to get this reward.

Sometimes the rewards app is flaky about counting stuff. It doesn’t have to do with cloud specifically. It happens on the console too.

1 Like

Same here. Sometimes I have to Force Kill it and relaunch to get it to show redemptions.

The Rewards app recently got updated and stuff is pretty broken on it, at least visually. Best thing is to just wait for now until it gets sorted out, I’d say. From what I’ve heard, contacting support has a pretty good success rate for giving you points you earned but weren’t granted.

Thanks everybody, I’m glad it’s not due to playing on cloud as they would be a bit dumb. I’m in Australia and haven’t had issues with daily rewards not working when I play in the evening. Just a coincidence I guess.

The console Rewards app is working for me again, by the way. Popped another achievement in Human Fall Flat and the punch card is marked as completed (I forgot to check my balance before and after though, whoops)

1 Like

Yes my achievement finally worked as well.

1 Like