Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Dark Souls games are easy if you do coop or summon AI. I’d recommend that if you struggle.

2 Likes

Yep, I don’t go out of my way for achievements or trophies (but I will if I have the time or a game is fun enough to keep me playing and grind out a completion).

But it feels so barebones now, I miss the Platinum (or something similar) from PS and I like the idea of more community events being able to be arranged within the OS without needing to go to other sites.

In other news, I think I might have to try and finish Fallen Order, after I am done with Like A Dragon, Valhalla, Xcom 2 etc etc etc.

4 Likes

You’re already dead.

2 Likes

Alvastia Chronicles is leaving gamepass but is easy completion. Faster if you follow the guide on TA. :eyes: There’s also a Kona guide on YouTube since that game is leaving too. :smirk:

5 Likes

I finally finished VA-11 Hall-A the other day after playing it legit… That shmup level was brutal! Got it in the end tho. Good chill game that covers the usual cyberpunk themes and stories.

Also have two more achievements to finish in Day of the Tentecal before moving onto Grim Fandango. After that I’m planning on playing New Super Luckys Tale and DBZ Kakarot.

Started playing Path of Exile as well… too many games, YO!

1 Like

I got the Platinum for Demon’s Souls way back in the day, and since then I didn’t have the courage to try any of the Dark Souls – even though I own all of them lol I even preordered Sekiro, but ended up dropping it on the first boss. I really want to go back to it because I loved the world and the gameplay!

Oh, good to know! I knew about Kona, but Alvastia Chronicles being an easy completion is kind of news to me. Thanks!

I got back to DBZ Kakarot this week after dropping it during the Cell Saga when it released. It somehow took me almost 30 hours to finally reach the Boo Saga, but now that I’m focusing more on the main missions it’s been more enjoyable for me.

2 Likes

Completion #131: Onrush

• Estimated Difficulty: 5/10
  • Estimated Time: 25 hours

Jesus Christ, this one was tough!

Onrush is a very fun game when you are playing with your friend, but it can be really, really frustrating if you are going for the achievements. Some races can drag on forever, and no matter how much you accelerate and boost you don’t seem to reach the other team. I actually used my old Xbox One controller for this because I was afraid of damaging my Series X controller by how hard I was pressing both RT and A. My thumb has been hurting for the past couple of days lol

To get every achievement you basically have to complete every challenge in the career, and some of them are really tough, borderline unfair. I played this game when it was on Game Pass back in September 2018 – actually it might have been one of my first games on Xbox, since I got my first one in August. I played through a fair amount of career events, and then the game eventually left the catalogue. I bought it for a really low price on May 2020, when I played some more and dropped it when I started feeling really frustrated with the challenges. I then decided to give it another go last week and almost gave up a few times, but I finally got the completion after 909 days.

1 Like

Enjoy I platinumed Grim Fandango on PSN ages ago and enjoyed it immensely despite the tank controls.

2 Likes

Completion #132: Madden NFL 21 (Xbox One)

• Estimated Difficulty: 3/10
  • Estimated Time: 10 hours

Nothing much to say as I had already completed the Series X version.

Unfortunately I can only transfer my save from Xbox One to Series X and not the other way around, so I had to play the story mode all over again. I started playing this version before the new generation launch thanks to the EA Play 10-hours trial, and now that it fully joined the catalogue I cleaned up the remaining achievements and got the completion.

I know that I’m cleaning up my backlog when I have two completions and less than 1000g on the month lol

1 Like

The Machine!

1 Like

@DannyEight What do you think about the achievements of Football Manager? Now that I can finally play it thanks to Game Pass + installing from a different region I was thinking about giving it a go.

Completion #133: Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

• Estimated Difficulty: 3/10
  • Estimated Time: 45 hours
  • Time Difference: 413 days

3 Likes

Seriously, you’re on quite the roll right now. I’ve been dribbling in and out of several games and finally just said F*** It and played several hours of WoW today. :smile:

3 Likes

@brunopcosta1 is quite insane. :wink:

3 Likes

Donut County is the only completion I’ve done this year. I’m lagging behind badly lol!

1 Like

play one of the telltale/Dontnod titles mate. That ought to pick you and maybe into the mood to try some more engaging titles

1 Like

I’ve done all those already. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m planning for Yakuza 6 to be my next 1000G. Looks like it only takes about 40 hours(very short for a yakuza game).

2 Likes

Hahaha I do that a lot from time to time – but instead of WoW, it is usually FIFA :stuck_out_tongue:

I have this crazy goal of not starting any new games this month and focus on all those games I already started and never finished. Let’s see how it goes!

Look who is talking :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I envy your ability to say that

1 Like

40 hours is very short for Yakuza completions which usually take 80-120+ hours lol!