Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Bullet Beat is pretty good and it is adding more content. Castle of No Escape and Reactor X are now 3K GS too

Edit: it might be all of their games are 3k now

1 Like

Not bad timing at all. I’ll be done with the 10k challenge in a heartbeat, since I already own several of those games.

1 Like

There’s a 10k challenge?

Yep! Get 10k gamerscore before the end of the month, get 10,000 Rewards points. If you get less, you get that amount too. So worth going for a handful of cheevos even if you won’t reach 10k!

1 Like

Huh, I didn’t know. Might have to pause Cyberpunk for a bit then. Is it in the rewards app?

Yep! Just activate it and then you have until the end of the month or so to collect 10k. Game Pass has a lot of easy 1000Gs, and in general, sports and racing games usually have a couple hundred easy Gs each. The F1 games by Codemasters have like 600G you can do in a few hours for example, but even the FIFAs can be almost 1000G’d in less than 10 hours, with only a handful of achievements taking a long time.

2 Likes

If you still want to farm achievements from Xitilion games do it before the Januar 9th. The requirements are about to change back to their original states and will be a lot harder to earn.

Games which are about to change the achievements:

• Pixel Gladiator
  • Castle of no Escape
  • Castle of no Escape 2
  • The Explorer Of Night
  • ReactorX
  • Dark Grim Mariupolis
  • Cold Silence - no longer published by Xitilon, but could be updated by its new publisher, SaintHeiser

It’s only about the base achievements not the title updates.

2 Likes

This is perfect! The games where you can find an easy and fast chunk of GS without the full 1k is awesome. Everyone always list the easy 1k-completions only.

1 Like

Glad to see Microsoft pushing back on this even in a small way. This trend is going further and further against the spirit of what gamerscore is supposed to be.

[Edit: Somehow quoted the wrong post there, this was supposed to be a reply to the news from TA CryOn posted.]

1 Like

It’s a good thing that MS try to stop this kind of games but a bigger deal for me are broken achievements. Looking at a game where you are literally 1-2 achievements away to have the full Gamerscore is painful. Pressure those devs to fix this.

1 Like

Completion #106: Overcooked! All You Can Eat

• Estimated Difficulty: 3/10
  • Estimated Time: 15-20 hours

MUCH easier than the original Xbox One versions since you don’t have to get 3 stars in every stage. In fact, you can guarantee the first star and just leave your controller until the stage ends. Most of my time with the game was AFK.

The only difficult achievement is the one for finishing the campaign of the first Overcooked. The final boss in this campaign is a 16 minutes stage where you have to prepare every meal in time. I failed this stage twice before succeeding on my third try with only 6 seconds left.

Other than that, there are many miscellaneous achievements that can be easily done with two controllers. Thank Phil for the forward compatible Xbox One accessories! If you only have one controller, though, there is online play.

Done with the 10k challenge. It helps that I already had those Xitilon games that received another total of 6-7k cheevos.

1 Like

Nice! Well, it looks like the challenge is not available here :frowning: It’s nowhere to be seen on the app. I hate when MS does this, dividing the players into tiers. We always get f***ed in Europe. Things like this, competitions, marketing deals, promotions, those e-mail freebies… silch, nada, nothing.

Yay for the B-team!

Yeah as much as I dislike like these games, I bit the bullet and will be doing them later tonight. I can’t leave 15K GS (and more later on) just sitting there taunting me while others do them.

Just finally did the 30 campaign missions in Battleship… have had that sitting there for like 4 years.

Any games you guys have that you’re missing one easy, but grindy/boring achievement left?

I still gotta speed run the Little Acre, and I played that like 2 years ago.:joy:

1 Like

I got every achievement on Bioshock Remastered, but the Collector achievement glitched on me. I would have to play through the whole game again while picking up the collectibles hoping that the achievement will eventually unlock. I simply refuse to do so.

I also got every achievement on Death Squared, with only the Party Levels left. I couldn’t force myself to do it at the time. Maybe some day…

1 Like

15K in under 3 hours :upside_down_face: :risi:

@NierlyCrazy i have alot of games like those. I had to make a group for em. I do plan on going back eventually.

Lol @brunopcosta1 I still have to do alot of Death Squared but I really didn’t like that game.

2 Likes

I have that last level-up achievement in Wasteland Remastered left… It’s not hard but incredibly boring and time consuming. There are workarounds on PC with scripts and stuff but I just can’t be arsed. Stupid achievement with no point.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Observer: System Redux to get in the Bloober mood for The Medium later this month, and damn, this game is a mess for achievement hunters. To make things worse there are many collectibles that switched places, some new collectibles + new side quests, so the walkthrough for the original game can’t be followed at risk.

This is the score I’m ending the week on. I want it immortalized! :smiley:

10 Likes