Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Hey everyone, I’ve been holding off on having a poll for June’s Gamepass game because there are currently only a few titles eligible at the moment. I’m assuming there will be some new announcements during the Xbox showcase, but that’s not a given. So, I decided I’ll leave the decision up to all of you.

• Disc Room (June 7)
  • Spacelines from the Far Out (June 7)
  • Shadowrun Trilogy (June 21)
  • Wait to see what gets announced at the showcase!

0 voters

This poll will stay up for roughly 48 hours, so be sure to vote!

Also, as a friendly reminder, this month is the last month for Season 3. So, if you’re near the top of the leaderboard, be sure to give it your all! Happy hunting!

6 Likes

Spacelines for me due to online coop we burned thorugh most of the gamepass coop games with only a few left so happy they are adding more

1 Like

I way wait for the show, but give extra time to complete it since we’ll be starting late. I’d even be fine with July’s game starting right away at the beginning of July and having a week or two of overlap if that’s the way it works out.

2 Likes

I second this

1 Like

thirded

1 Like

You guys think we’ll get a announcement on one of the after shows about the state of achievements and what they’re planning?

No

1 Like

I think Achievements are really far down on their priority list unfortunately.

2 Likes

Agreed

Huge achievement Hunter (what I mostly do in spare time) and I know it’s there but not anything for anything around the showcase.

Any update with achievements would be a Xbox wire blog post

1 Like

I’m down for seeing what’s thrown in during the show… but I love Shadowrun, so I voted with my heart :wink:

2 Likes

Aye, just thinking out loud here. Love achievement hunting but I feel it’s starting to get a wee bit stale. Badly needs some new ideas to keep things fresh.

1 Like

I wish but I’m leaning towards no. I really just want a platinum trophy equivalent on xbox.

2 Likes

No… I think they have abandoned it.

Honestly I think achievements are in a great place mechanically. There aren’t any new features that I badly want, except maybe building more TA-style stat tracking stuff into the console interface itself. That would be neat.

If anything needs a change, it’s the rules around title updates and achievement-mill publishers. Some kind of standards around reasonable effort required, and a stop to the “games” that are clearly just selling 5000 gamerscore not the game itself.

4 Likes

I think it’s more that they just don’t know what to do with it and their current thinking is probably “if it’s not broke don’t fix it”. I’m sure they’ll address some changes at some point, but they’ve got their hands full with other things that they deem to be more important at the moment.

So…abandonded. :wink:

1 Like

:phil_lmao:

By an overwhelming majority, you guys have voted to “wait till after the showcase”. So, I’ll compile a new poll this Sunday after what will hopefully be some timely Gamepass drops. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Sounds good! Hope we get some great games added.