A note on everyone's favourite Forum moderator - "Knottian"

Hi all - Sik here.

It befalls on me to pass across some sad news, but within it, a positive message. Please see below from our dear friend and community policeman, @Knottian

To this amazing, multi-cultural community,

I don’t have the words to express the gratitude I have towards this community - the launch of this forum in 2020 helped “save” me mentally just as much as it did for many of you, for starters. As a moderator, you all have challenged me and pushed me to become a better mod, and in plenty of cases, a better person. In truth, I learned far more from you all than anything you could have gleaned from me.

Unfortunately, with all that praising and love-showering, the other shoe has to drop: I’ll be stepping away from XboxEra for the time being. I have been dealing with an illness for over a year, during which I’ve lived in daily pain, lost a quarter of my body weight, and largely been immobilized. I finally received some hope in the form of a diagnosis - I was hospitalized this last weekend and received emergency surgery. This is just the start on my road to treatment and recovery, so the next few months will be busy to say the least.

I do hope to come back to the team once I’m back on my feet and healthy again. Until then, I just hope you know that this community has been an incredible gift. Thank you, to all the friends I’ve made here, and to this overwhelmingly amazing community.

I’m sure you’ll join me in sending all the good vibes and wish him a very swift recovery.

47 Likes

I hope the treatment is successful and you get well and strong to swing the ban hammer again, @Knottian !

5 Likes

Get well soon!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your health troubles but great news that you have begun treatment. Good luck!

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery @Knottian ! You are always a great voice of reason and positivity ! All the best wishes !

1 Like

All the best Knottian! Hope to see you here again soon.

1 Like

Get well soon. Health comes first. Hope to see you again soon.

1 Like

Wishing you all the best @Knottian.

Health > Gaming

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back here soon.

1 Like

Get well soon Knotts

1 Like

Yes! The treatment will be great. And you will be back on track with proper health soon. You endure the hardship of recovery and we will endure the hardship of acquisitions. You are the better man.

Wishing you best of luck for your recovery. See you soon.

2 Likes

Wishing for Speedy recovery Knottian! The acquisition thread will be waiting for you.

1 Like

All the best for your recovery. See you back soon hopefully!

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll be well soon Knottian, wishing you the best!!

1 Like

Wish you all the best. Get well soon

1 Like

Get well, my good man. Looking forward to your triumphant return.

1 Like

Get well soon Knottian

1 Like

Wishing you all the best man, get well soon!

1 Like

Here’s to a speedy recovery, Knottian!

1 Like