A new SEC filing details the timeline of the ActivisionBlizzardKing acquisition - The Verge

This is real interesting stuff. I love peaking behind the curtain like this, and it’s amazing how quickly it all came together.

What’s wrong with the TV itself? I’m more disturbed by how high it is, and by the positioning of those speakers.

1 Like

I used to have my TV that high and all I’m gonna say is my neck isn’t thanking me for it

1 Like

This was interesting to read the “background” section. I have no idea which company is Sony, but one of them almost certainly is. I basically picture Jim Ryan and Sony hearing through the industry grapevine that Microsoft is pursuing a buyout of Activision/Blizzard, and then basically saying PlayStation is really great and so loved as a platform and our exclusive COD skins and maps have been a great strategic partnership because they don’t have near that cash to pull off such a thing.

We know that one of the companies was EA right (I guess it was A)? One of them was Facebook too.

I wonder what offers these C,D,E companies gave considering that stakeholders thought that them are better than the all-cash deal.

Not going to go all out on guesses, but it may be possible a company was interested in picking up the mobile game development branch, “King”.

Who that might be though? Apple? T2?

Perhaps T2. Perhaps after they failed to achieve it, they went after Zynga.

Lookint at timelines - and Zynga was announced in January - it is possible.

It does make more sense if they were really chasing after mobile market.

Besides the “yelling” part, what you describe is also known as discussing the thread topic on a discussion forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

This might be good to add to OP btw (the actual filing, relevant info starts on page 30): https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/718877/000110465922025210/tm225196-3_prem14a.htm#tBOTM

EA and Facebook were two of the companies it seems. At least one other was a tech company based on the language.

2 Likes

Idk about that. EA market cap is worth 60% of Activision/Blizzard market cap, so I don’t see how they could be a possible buyer.

They were proposing a merger. It was discussed in that topic

3 Likes

Nah EA Ubisoft merger is definitely happening huh?

Feel like there should be a thread about the business/legal/etc aspects and another just for the implications of the acquisition for Xbox the brand, Xbox the platform, Xbox gamers, etc. Instead of new threads each time news comes up about one of those two general topics. That way we can keep the arguing on topic. :slight_smile:

In theory Xbox Acquisition topic would fit for that, but I think somebody complained that the discussions were moving away from acquisitions towards how other acquisitions affect Xbox or something.

We’re trying to not have a few mega-threads, we want lots of different ones. we can have one directly focused on this subject alone

3 Likes

Hm. Then I guess this one could become a part of Activizion-Blizzard Discussion Thread potentially. Because the same discussions happen (between the same people) in multiple threads in parallel.