6-Button Layout '8Bitdo' M30 Wired Xbox Controller Available for Pre-order, Ships December 26

Originally published at: 6-Button Layout '8Bitdo' M30 Wired Xbox Controller Available for Pre-order, Ships December 26 - XboxEra

Accessory manufacturer 8Bitdo has announced its latest peripheral, the 6-button M30 Wired Xbox controller. Slated to release on the 26th of December in the US and UK, this Xbox licensed retro and fighting game-focused controller is fully compatible with Xbox consoles and Windows PCs and uses a USB-C connection for connection to the controller. There are two bumpers, two triggers, and two button layouts (images below) that you can switch between as well as a 3.5mm audio jack and volume control embedded on the device.

You can pre-order the M30 here on Amazon US as well as Amazon UK (December 29 launch), for 35 USD and 30 GBP respectively.

3 Likes

I cannot sing the praises of this controller enough. Easily the best fighting game controller on the market right now, rivaling 8bd’s own Neo Geo Controller.

1 Like

I actually was searching for a similar controller since last year but it was out of stock everywhere. So thank you for the article, it made me pre-order it and it’s now on the way, shipping on saturday.

I can’t wait to put my fingers on it. It looks gorgeous and I love the layout and switches on the back. I hope it’s durable and not cheap plastic buttons. I plan on playing more fighting games with it.

I’ll come back to give my impressions on it.

1 Like

It’s been a few days now playing some Street Fighter with it and it’s been great so far.

I’m pretty casual but I can say that it is way better that whatever Xbox controller I was using before. It is indeed made of hard plastic with buttons and d-pad that feel durable.

The layout is confusing at first as left shoulder buttons are on the right and the second mode put triggers (RT LT) on top and buttons (RB LB) under them.

BUT the 8bitdo app is really well made and easy to use. You can have 3 saved buttons schemes you can change on the fly so you can make a standard one to use in platformer or other games.

Also, it should be noted that you have no stick but you have a switch to change from d-pad to left stick if needed.

My conclusion is this controller is just as good as the pictures. It’s sturdy, easy to use and will probably improve your enjoyment of fighting games quite a bit, even if you’re a casual player like me. It’s a cheap alternative to hitboxes and fight sticks.

2 Likes