4K60FPS wasn't a dream

Assassin’s creed Valhallah, a big open world with great graphics is confirmed running at 4K60FPS on Series X. We also have a lot of game confirmed in 4K60FPS, Gears 5, Scorn, Call of the Sea, Falconeer, Halo Infinite, Dirt 5,Forza Motorsport, Destiny 2, Stalker 2…)

30 fps became the exception. It’s crazy, thank you Xbox team for making such a great hardware

5 Likes

I realised that a bunch of 4k30 Xbox One games could get bumped up to 60 today, that kind of BC improvement is something that I’d welcome in a big way.

Hopefully we have seen the end of 30fps titles, once we’re out of the cross generation period, I think that’s when the test will be, Ass Creed is presumably the X1 game with a lack of extra processing paint, but nonetheless, good news, imo.

The most insane part is that on Pc 4k60 is still extremely expensive.

Sure it would be more common if they used the same workarounds as the console but it’s very impressive that they are delivering in that performance target right away

2 Likes

Official press release from Ubisoft, guess it’s def not a type or mistake this time:

With the Xbox Series X | S, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will take full advantage of the enhanced graphics, giving players the opportunity to experience the open world of Norway and England down to the very last detail. On Xbox Series X, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 FPS in full 4K resolution .

The near-future London of Watch Dogs: Legion will fully benefit from the Hardware Accelerated Raytracing of the new Xbox Series X | S : from Piccadilly Circus and its giant digital screens to Camden High Street’s neon lights and holograms, the power of real-time ray traced reflections brings a never seen before level of realism to an urban playground.

In addition, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs: Legion will both leverage the consoles power by offering higher resolution textures and improved shadow quality to players, along with clutter density on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Both games will be taking advantage of the Direct Storage, benefiting from faster loading times and a smoother world transversal experience.

Finally, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs: Legion will leverage the Smart Delivery technology** , allowing players to buy the game once and play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X | S on 10th November, 2020. Cross-save functionality between Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S will also be supported on both games so players can keep their progression from one platform to another

1 Like

ready for some Sea of Thieves goodness :slight_smile:

1 Like

It certainly isn’t for PC gamers with a 3080, or those with a Series X. At least not with cross-generation games. It will be interesting to see what happens with actual new-generation software

2080ti struggles with Odyssey at 4k to reach that 60fps, so it’s a great accomplishment for the series x.

I’m not trying to take anything away from anything, but you’re talking about a different game, running on an engine that’s less optimised, or even built with a different engine than the next game, or doesn’t have the same tools from the manufacturer of the hardware or whatever else.

It’s fairly standard for launch games to not really show what a system is capable of, even more so when they’re cross gen.

Both machines are super capable. Can’t wait for the future.

Do you all remember the time, not so long ago, when people seem to dismiss the 4K60FPS rumors about a lot of games, that it would be a long time before we see that kind of performances in open worlds games ? Also, that only small indie games would bother doing 120FPS ?? I remember… Because I was one of the sceptics… Now, I’m a believer !!! I have nothing against 30FPS for certain types of games, but if MS want to go above and beyond, I will say : go for it ! I can’t believe that even the Series S can do 120FPS and RT for 299.

PS5 will have to have lower res or settings. A 5700xt which is practically the same power as a PS5 cant do 4k 60fps on asscreed odyssey.

1 Like

Just look at Demon’s Souls which is not open world can’t be 4K60…you will have to choose between 1440p 60 and 4k 30fps. While AC Valhalla is 4k60 on XSX and open world

Not really the same thing. It’s doubtful the Series X version will run at max settings and the PS5 GPU has advancements over the 5700xt, plus a higher flop count. Not to mention lower level API for better utilization.

Really, there’s no reason to bring up the PS5 until we get more details of that version.

I dont see why not, the 5700xt is a 9.75tflop GPU and considering the similarities between RDNA1 + 2, Its not unlikely performance will be similar between it and the PS5. Also, higher clockspeeds have not shown an advantage when the tflops + architecture are the same, we have seen this with the lower clocked 1X gpu and higher clocked RX580 and tests regarding the RX5700 + RX5700 GPUs. Of course this theory could be wrong, I hope it is but at the moment I dont see no evidence or reasoning to think otherwise.

It could be 4k60fps, but some comprises will have to made in comparison to the series X version.

Of course but it can’t match XSX on every game type that’s for sure. Some devs will do parity…I hope not.

Parity wasn’t a problem with One x and ps4 pro so I think you shouldn’t worry :smiley:

1 Like

Indeed, the xsx is just a more powerful piece of hardware. Secret sauce theories always turn out to be just fan hopes + dreams.

1 Like

The reason why not is because we just don’t know about the PS5. We can’t really compare a PC part to a console configuration and you show that by comparing the 1X and 580. A console will usually punch above its weight, so in that case alone, it’s premature to assume anything about the PS5 based on the 5000 series of cards. And again, this isn’t taking into account the lower level APIs and extra features like geometry engine and ray tracing not found in the RDNA 1 line of cards.

PS5 has some of the best developers in the world on its side - their games will look and perform fantastic. It’s the third party games that will tell the tale, and at least as far as cross-generation games there appears to be a lot of parity. Both systems can play current generations at 4K/60. It will change when UE5 becomes more common - though I think 60FPS will become more and more the standard. The S will be in the 1080p range, the PS5 in 1440p range, and the X somewhere above that, but not at true 4K either. Only true 4K/60 with UE5 is going to be the high-end Nvidia cards, since they are heads and shoulders above everything else

I doubt we see true 4K more and more as the generation wears on