HALOERA Podcast | You Had Me at Halo Podcast |OT| The Great Journey

Greetings!

This episode was great! A bit too predictable perhaps at times but it had some good payoffs. Cortana finally siding with Chief was so good to see and Kai is a certified badass! My favourite character.

Question: How do you see Silver Team going forward? Will we see a scenario where for example Vannak stays as Halsey’s lapdog, perhaps setting things up for a “hunt the Chief” thing? Or will things go in a completely different direction? Give me your Silver Team thoughts!

Hugs, Mort.

1 Like

We’re live for our last weekly show for a while as we’ll be breaking down the finale of season one of Halo The Series & hit up the latest goings-on in the videogame world.

3 Likes

arrivederci, Herr Panel

Tonight’s podcast lost me, immetiately

Questions deleted

1 Like

Hello Halo followers,

I am in SIngapore right now, so haven’t had a chance to watch the finale, so I will catch up with the podcast at a later date.

My question is, how have your conceptions of the first season of Halo changed, from when you watched the first trailer, to episode 9.

GOC

3 Likes

Greetings and salutations,

I’m gonna miss these weekly YHMAH shows, it’s been very fun to dive deep into the Halo series every week. Thanks for all the great discussions and insights. Special shout out to the cats as well!

My question then: Do you think Atriox will take more place in the next season and if so how would you like that to play out?

Hugs, Mort.

2 Likes

I love this podcast.

You guys are the best, thanks for all the fun. I really mean it, it’s hard to find people who can balance knowledge, humor, different viewpoints and always do it respectfully, insightful and fun to listen to at the same time.

A big thank you to all of you!

4 Likes

Can’t agree with this sappy sentiment. I’m honestly happy the Paramount show is over now, because I’ve actually hated most of the discussions about it and couldn’t believe the dumb shit most of the crew decided to focus on, often WAY too much. While glossing over the positives like they just can’t wait to get to their next dumb nitpick. And no, it’s not just Abe with that

Whenever Season 2 of the show comes, I may not watch this podcast live until the season ends. And sorry, Jess. I did go back and watch the podcast on replay and no, it did not get better

I caught the middle of the podcast live while doing some work and I’m finally now watching from the beginning and yeah I guess I was right about Soul heading to a wedding! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m personally okay with the negatives mentioned with the positives and so much of it is because it’s rooted in sincerity and in wanting to see the show be the best it could be. I’ve skimmed through some angry YouTuber reactions and their negativity is rooted in playing up the outrage for the audience.

Knottian had a great point about some of our criticisms being present in even the best shows. I realize this long ago after rewatching some of Breaking Bad, we tend to forgive and overlook the mistakes when we are along with a ride and I felt like this Halo show took me on a (thankfully unpredictable) ride and so I overlook some of these issues.

I will say though, after two episodes I told my friends to hold off on a Paramount Plus subscription until the show is done and I give them my final verdict. In Canada PP (which lacks the new Star Trek shows, doesn’t have the HD version of TNG) is simply not worth it for one show.

And I would say the should maybe hold off until season 2. I can see why Showtime passed on this show but I do think it’s a good fit on Paramount. I personally give it a 7. Some of my favorite sci-fi (Expanse) had pretty slow first seasons. Some of my favorite sci-fi really found their legs in their second and third seasons (TNG/DS9). Not everything can be a Battlestar Galactica reboot (which started off really strong).

I hope they look at what people loved and really lean into that. The action sequences are near universally acclaimed so I hope they throw more budget into that. It’s a competitive advantage that it has over other shows. Leaning into “action sci-fi” from here on out is ideal if you ask me.

2 Likes

At first I thought you forgot an /s… hehe. Well, yes there is a lot of nitpicking but I would say that is part of any deep analysis, it’s the conclusions drawn from them which are important. Different viewpoints also produces a much more interesting discussion, especially when it becomes obvious to everyone that a lot of the critizism really is nitpicking. I find it quite fun to watch the, how should I put it, less correct opinions get shot down.

I would also like to object to your description of my post as “sappy”. I genuinely enjoy the podcast for the reasons stated, and these friday nights have been very entertaining for me which I wanted to express. I could also feel some of the tension in the panel, and I think they handled it very well for me as a viewer which was another reason for my post.

For what it’s worth, I missed you in the chat, your humor is always appreciated and our banter is always fun. I hope you’ll be there next season.

2 Likes

I’ve disputed it, but we were quite positive so I would say this shows it’s automated and not “targeting negativity” like a certain pissed off person is pretending.

3 Likes

Hope you don’t mean me

Because despite my last post, I stll love you guys

Half of the uploads for halo reactions are all “lets see if Paramount takes this down because we don’t like it!”, I was referencing the Angriest fellow among them.

3 Likes

Is it a phony who panders to pissy miserable gamers worst instincts and always where’s the same black Superman leather jacket? A man I have absolutely fucking despised for over a deca…uh…I mean, I have no idea who you mean

2 Likes

Is it the Angriest man who is Act-ing as there is a Hidden agenda, but just has a Ladder in his Synthetic pantyhose?

GOC

“Not adding someordinarygamer, as I quite like him.”

2 Likes

I thought it was well done video, especially from a well documented Halo fan such as him

Two Puerto Rican thumbs up from me :+1:t5::+1:t5:

This type of stuff, Paramount strikes EVERYTHING. they don’t care about the context, their automated bots are set to instantly block instead of demonetize on YT but people keep pretending like it’s targeted at negativity.

4 Likes

And they know they’re full of shit…and stll do it, because they count on people being too stupid, or just too attracted to negativety to call them out on it

2 Likes

Quite disagree, the old bitter Halo “fans”, the ones that never want Halo to evolve passed what Bungie has made, the ones generating the toxic online discourse, I just automatically ignore their opinions. They may know stuff about the Halo universe, but they are just so far into the past, so narrow-minded about new stuff that are not Bungie’s, that I’m hoping for 343 to just make them leave, be it with the game or the show.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, out with the old and in with the new. Screw them.

2 Likes