HALOERA Podcast | You Had Me at Halo Podcast |OT| The Great Journey

Be ready to drop your questions in here tomorrow after watching the latest episode!

1 Like

Just caught up on the last podcast, and watched Halo Ep4 right after which I thought was another strong episode despite the lack of action (I’m itching for more of that).

Question for the pod: While Fortnite can add Spiderman, John Wick, and Master Chief as purchasable DLC, Halo Infinite has its hands tied when it comes to adding things from outside the Halo Universe. We’re not going to see a Fulgore (from KI) skin in the game, for example.

But I did realize something recently, there’s nothing really stopping 343 from adding a Fulgore weapon charm. I would think that most Halo fans wouldn’t be too annoyed with this level of cross-branding as charms are somewhat. I’d love to see a Killer Instinct logo charm. If 343 was willing to go outside of MS IPs I would, no joke, buy a Sonic the Hedgehog charm so that whoever picks up my AR from my dead Spartan sees a blue hedgehog staring back at them.

So my question for everyone is… Would you be ok with that level of cross branding? And what IP would you want to be made into a weapons charm?

Hello Halo players,

what do you think of the Halo Infinite third person play mod?

GOC

Hey guys

Thoughts on the new season 2 map overview video today? I think they look pretty fun and actually got me fairly excited to jump back in after not playing for 2-3months also will you guys be buying the second season pass?

Keep up the great work all the best. Cant wait to hear OBM complain about the ping and bullets in the new Season :wink:

1 Like

Hello guys and cats!

In this episode Silver team discussed the pets they were given by Halsey during training. Vannak’s pig Ivan the Terrible being the most long lived. As Spartans, what pet would you have chosen and what would you call them? (Ignore the killing part by Halsey :wink: )

Hugs, Mort.

1 Like

Salutations, Halo-ians

Two things, first which was the best butt you’ve seen so far on the show, Kai, Makee’s body double, Speshal Pablo, or Vinsher / Karl Tanner of Gin Alley from Game of Thrones / Gottlieb from Pacific Rim / default Brittish bad guy of the 2010’s?

Second, I want to answer Mort’s Spartan pet question above, but keep the killing part. I would go with the Massachussets state bird, the Black Capped Chickadee. Jess will remember this guy, it was always outside our windows at like 5am making that same constant whistle noise it does. I would name it douchebag and have absolutely zero problem eliminating the douchebag…even if I won

1 Like

Grabbed all the questions up to now.

Even mine? :open_mouth:

so weird, I keep seeing these empty posts in the thread.

1 Like

2 Likes

Going to say, more questions here than for the 105 podcast thread.

GOC

Good episode guys keep up the good work.

1 Like

We’re live again this Friday, drop your questions below once you’ve watched the show (or earlier if it’s not show related!)

1 Like

YHMAH guys…guys…GUYS?

Did anyone else start to get giddy with excitement the second Cortana said “Slipspace rupture detected.” I mean like younger, less beaten down and jaded version of yourself level giddy?

I had been enjoying the episode, but couldn’t help but be thinking aw man, this show is gonna catch some hell for getting more than halfway through the season and still not having another big action sequence since episode 1

And then I heard Jen Taylor deliver that familiar phrase and it was on like Donky Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Fettucine, Linguini, Martini, Bikini

1 Like

Greetings guys and cats!

What a great episode, right? The best one so far imo even if it was a bit short, and wasted too much of that precious time on Kwan the Entitled.

Bunch of questions this time:

1. When and how do you think we will see Cortana side with Master Chief over Halsey? Or do you think she will remain in this somewhat machine-y state?

2. Are we shipping Miranda and Kai? I might be wrong, but that was a shared “look” wasn’t it?

3. Is it true that Pfhorbear doesn’t have a cat? What’s wrong with him/you? :wink:

Hugs, Mort.

2 Likes
  1. Seeing as Chief continues to be stand off-ish towards her still atm…I don’t think any trust bridges btwn him and cortana are going to be crossed until s2 at the earliest. The way the show is going story wise it seems like Halsey being seen in a full blown negative light is going to be a major catalyst for certain allegiances to shift. Chief might be almost all the way there after getting more context on his past…but so far Cortana hasn’t experienced anything to make her question Halsey.

2. I genuinely think ep 4 had that line about Miranda & Kai being like sisters placed deliberately to make it clear that there was no deeper context. But I could be wrong. Nowadays most shows/movies tend to do this weird thing where 2 ppl of the same gender absolutely can not be JUST really close friends/associates. It’s either complete strangers or potential love interest. Which is why most of the time those storylines feel forced. & once you have stuff like that feeling forced…now you cross over into pandering territory.

I genuinely don’t care if the writers go whatever routes they choose to with potential love plot lines. But I genuinely hope this show doesn’t fall into that trope of pandering.

Hi all,

I have one big and important question, how do you think the grunt is doing? The one John threw is magnum at :joy:

Also RIP to the pink misty boy in the warthog.

Hello Halo followers,

if you made a game out of Halo the TV series, what kind of game would it be?

GOC

“Still smarting from Doncabesa’s burn last week” :slight_smile:

I feel like this is SUCH a good question right now. Dare I say the RIGHT one. I know its a weird feeling to have when watching a show about chief but every single time I finish one of these episodes…and we see things with silver team in particular…it genuinely makes me wish we had like a pure co op Halo game where we got to play a full campaign as our own customizable spartans. You get your missions. Form your teams. Drop in. I think a pure co op experience would be dope.

1 Like

Regarding the term “Baby Royale” it was Brad Sams who coined the phrase:

but then he posted a video criticising the season two roadmap.