Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

Had never played a Yakuza game but just finished up chapter 4 in Kiwami today. Wow this is fantastic! Loving the atmosphere, the sights and sounds of Tokyo, and somehow the characters are really compelling. And the battle system is a lot fun too IMO, though I suck at fighting games so I tend to fail battles a couple times.

I feel dumb for skipping these for so many years, I think I thought they were just like Japanese GTA clones or something. Just ordered Like a Dragon because I can’t even imagine how much I will love crossing this series with a JRPG.

(And thanks game pass!)

2 Likes

After a solid 9 hours yesterday I am on the final chapter. Busy playing Project Winter today but hope to finish 3 tomorrow with my lowest Yakuza completion amount ever.

After beating Like a Dragon (which was probably my 2nd favorite after 0), I started replaying 0 (beat it recently) and I’m almost done with Kiwami 1. I had started 3, but I was having some stutter issues on the Series X and the S. Figured I’d go back to Kiwami 1 and 2, beat those and then go to 3, 4, 5, 6.

I can’t wait for Jugment, I have it on PS4 but haven’t gotten around to it. I’ll gladly double dip on Xbox.

3 Likes

3 stutters a lot on my Series X.

I think that’s a problem on the PC version too. It seems to be a bug that comes with the port.

1 Like

Yep, it’s definitely a bug that shows up mostly when you first enter the game or come out of standby. Sometimes crops up during certain sequences as well. But it eventually just goes away and is fine otherwise.

1 Like

Finally finished Yakuza 3. Seems strange not getting a much higher completion score but I put in just under 20 hours and was glad to get to the end of the main story.

Gonna have a rest then crack on with Yakuza 4.

Am I a bad person for not caring about the Morning Glory Orphanage?

I loved the Morning Glory orphange but understand why others wouldn’t. It has a very slow pace with not a lot happening in between but i enjoyed it because of that. I find myself liking mundanity in games.

1 Like

So I’m about to start Yakuza 3. Already played it casually on PS4 and planning to do a full achievement run. Should I start on hard or normal ? I know that you need to play on hard to unlock legendary but hard mode is according to the internet a block fest.

Play on normal.

1 Like

Yeah reading how painful hard difficulty is with the block festival I should play it 3 times. Thanks for the answer.

1 Like

To be fair I had to do far more blocking than I have ever needed to do before in a Yakuza game playing 3 on Normal.

2 Likes

100% completion list and Climax Battles in Yakuza 0 after 130 hours. Kiwami next!

3 Likes

Now THAT is dedication.

Should I be expecting jank for 3-5 and it gets better starting at 6 and Judgement?

I decided to start Yakusa 0 because I feel it will come out of Gamepass in the next couple of months.

I am on chapter 3 and so far I am finding it enjoyable. The game really does straddle the line of a somewhat serious Japanese crime drama and the quintessential Japanese humour :grin:.

It is daunting that I have started a long journey to get through these games lol.

4 Likes

Yeah 3-5, especially 3, are pretty janky. 6 and Judgement use the same engine as Yakuza Kiwami 2. I think it’s called Dragon Engine.

2 Likes

Yakuza 4 is a massive improvement over 3 so far. Akiyama is an amazing character.

3 Likes

You don’t know how relieved I am to hear that.

Yakuza 3 starts sooo slow.