Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

Welcome to the official Yakuza game series |OT|.

Publisher: Sega Developer: Ryu Ga Gotoku

Platforms: Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Windows 10

What is Yakuza?

Yakuza is a Japanese crime drama video game with a semi open world. Players will engage in a world filled with side quests, mini games and of course an epic cinematic story.

What order should I play the games in?

While every Yakuza game can be played individually the recommended order is as follows:

Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5, Yakuza 6, Yakuza Like a Dragon

Which Yakuza games are available on Gamepass?

Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5, Yakuza 6, Yakuza Like a Dragon

Thank you for visiting the official XboxERA Yakuza |OT|

8 Likes

Paging @Harm0nica

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’ll ever 100% a Yakuza game, but I’m getting damn near close in all of them.

Love this franchise and so excited to jump into the rest of them this year.

0 is my favorite so far.

4 Likes

That Phil Spencer picture is genius. I love it.

Having played all of the Yakuza games available on Xbox in the last year I am excited yet at the same time dreading the arrival of the others as I know I will HAVE to play them all.

My favourites so far are 0 and Like a Dragon.

Cheers @Sikamikanico.

4 Likes

To anyone who, like me, is getting into the series after enjoying 0/Kiwami/Kiwami 2: Get ready for some whiplash. 3 is gonna be rough to play after getting used to Kiwami 2 and I believe it starts out very slow-paced.

Can’t vouch for any of the specific tips here, but I like to use this resource whenever I start a game, and they have all of the mainline Yakuza games. Watch out for spoilers! I didn’t look through them individually!

2 Likes

I am currently playing my way through Y7 and I cannot stop gushing about how awesome this game is. Sure it has got plenty of warts but it has so much charm and absurdity. You cannot help but enjoy it.

2 Likes

Hopefully, the games unlock at midnight, I tried the NZ trick, but no dice.

1 Like

In my experience they have unlocked at midnight in Europe. So in 1 hour and 30 minutes from this post they should be available.

1 Like

I hate it when we can’t use the New Zealand trick.

Anyway the pages for Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 are up on the Xbox store but you can’t buy them sadly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/yakuza-5-remastered/9nk23s9xbmz6

1 Like

Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 are now up for download.

1 Like

Yakuza is live

3 Likes

File sizes for each game:

• Yakuza 3: 17.9GB
  • Yakuza 4: 24.90GB
  • Yakuza 5: 37.5GB
1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

Checked the store pages, definitely not worth buying individually. ÂŁ17.99 each and ÂŁ34.99 for the collection.

Can’t believe it’s finally here. Feels crazy.

Klobrille with the great graphics again:

3 Likes

Play a little bit of Yakuza 3 and it runs at 1080p 60fps on Xbox Series S. Looks very clean despite it being a PS3 era game.

2 Likes

Started with 0 yesterday. I truly just say “holy shit” out loud with some of these heat actions. Kiryu grabbed a bicycle or bench and totally smacked the living shit out of a dude.

Afterwards these dudes with a text balloon say “this guy is not human”. The combination of serious business in the story with wacky stuff like this is fantastic.

8 Likes

I’m on Chapter 3 of Y3 now, just hit the Golf course, which is shortly before where I dropped off when I owned the game on PS3. Yeah, it obviously feels and plays like a PS3 game, but it’s not as bad as people have made it out to be, and I got used to it quite quickly. If you loved the previous games, I think you’ll be fine with this.

3 Likes

Playing on Series X (on the internal drive) and about at the same point. It runs perfect most of the time but I had a couple occasions where a bug seemed to cause the framerate to chug, including grinding to a halt, like it was waiting on a thread and was deadlocked until it times out or something. Once was during that news coverage cut scene and once was while playing karaoke. On both occasions just replaying made them run perfect so it’s some sort of bug.

1 Like

Are the games One X/Series X enhanced? I believe they are 1440p/60fps on the PS4 Pro.

Yeah, I’ve come across it once right at the beginning, but not since, so most likely a bug. Hacing it installed on the internal is great, as one of my biggest worries, was going back to loading when entering shops, but it’s so fast now.

1 Like