Xbox's First-Party Output for the Year 2021 [Poll: how would you rate this year ?]

Gave it an 8.

Second half of the year is a 10/10, but the first half was a 5/10 at best. 15/2=7.5 and since I’m nice I round that up to an 8. These empty ass first halves of the year needs to stop.

2 Likes

Back half saved it.

This drought for 1st Half of year HAS to stop.

I knocked it down a point for release timing, but would have been a 10 of they released the same content with just different spacing.

2 Likes

1st Half of 2022 having nearly zero if not zero 1st party releases is gonna kill Prog again.

2 Likes

Do you own both consoles?

7, the average between nothing (4) and 4 great games consecutively (Psychonauts 2, AoE 4, FH5 and Halo= 10). The 6 months drought is really annoying and it’s going to repeat, meh.

The only interesting thing on Platform X is HFW, and I’ll get that as a complete edition for $5 like I did the first game a little further down the line.

1 Like

Maybe it’ll be an 8 month drought

Do I SOUND like I own both consoles?

I have a PS4 Pro which will last until 2023, but the point is that XGS + Bethesda should not have these dead first HALVES of the year for a service like GamePass.

1 Like

They should release broken games earlier in the year to fulfill your needs obviously

In general, rated Microsoft’s first party output an excellent 9.0/10. Excellent year overall with a massively strong second half of 2021. The first half was dead and empty but in fairness, I wasn’t expecting anything until after their E3 Showcase in June so it didn’t bother me especially since I didn’t get the Series X until January 4th so I was playing the November/December 2020 games early this year while waiting for third party games such as Outriders and Resident Evil VIII: Village so the empty first half didn’t bother me at all since I playing catch up.

With that said, if we’re talking about full exclusives and/or what games they released that were for me then, it’s basically a good 7.0/10 at best with Halo Infinite being a 9.5/10 and my 2021 GOTY literally saving it. No interest in Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Deathloop or Forza Horizon 5 as they’re not for me.

First half of 2022 looks better than the first half of 2021 but at the same time, that’s not saying anything. Luckily though, I have several third party multi-platform games and Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 to keep me busy for the first half of 2022 while waiting for E3.

I will say that Microsoft can’t allow the first half of 2023 to be empty in regards to their first party games. I know a lot of people are expecting Deathloop in Fall 2022 but to be perfectly honest, if Redfall, Forza Motorsport and Starfield all release in Fall 2022, I would hold Deathloop until February 2023 to ensure my first party game lineup isn’t empty. And if Ghostwire Tokyo somehow releases before June 2022 on PS5 then I would probably have that on Xbox in the first half of 2023 once the exclusivity expires. So while Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo wouldn’t technically be new releases in general, they would be for Xbox Series X/S and eliminate the potentially dead first half of 2023.

I agree with this but if Microsoft can get an Evil Dead in February and a Wonderlands in late March on Game Pass day one, I think this will lessen the impact of an empty first half of 2022.

I don’t like the drought either, lol. Luckily Game Pass can do their thing with third party to make up for it.

That said… the games are ready when they are ready but they have more studios now so it should be less of an issue in the future.

2 Likes

Cause that’s what I totally said.

New covid cases here in LA on Friday were 3x what they were on Tuesday. It probably doesn’t make a ton of sense to focus so much on release timing given the reality of the last almost 2 years.

5 Likes

You’re allowed to play 3rd party games between 1st party games, I would find it a bit weird if people only played 1st party games. Stalker 2, Crossfire X, Dying Light 2 and the Pokemon game are set for me so I’m groovy, this also isn’t taking into account the bunch of games hitting GP too.

4 Likes

It’s a miracle games are releasing at all right now, I’ll settle for games releasing in 2022 and not worry that they’re back loaded.

Rated a 10 of 10 because it’s the best year ever for Xbox First-Party releases.

3 Likes

9/10

First half was a serious drought

Agreed. If I only played first party games, based on what’s already been released and announced, I would only have 19 games for the entire generation. Third party multi-platform games usually end up being at least 75% of my entire game list.

Hyped for Dying Light 2!!! Six weeks from yesterday to go!!! Woohoo!!!

1 Like