XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

Leaderboard - August 28th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +19.5
  2. @outrigued +18.5
  3. @Mort +17.5
  4. @NierlyCrazy +2.5
  5. @PhantomFox +1.5
  6. @BadMoodJones +1
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
2 Likes

+1 Finished Soul Hackers 2

I enjoyed my time with the characters and the change of setting was nice, although I think my enjoyment of the game was reduced a bit due to playing SMTV earlier this year purely due to the similar gameplay mechanics.

While Iā€™ll say the story wasnā€™t the most exhilarating thing at times, there were decent twists that kept things interesting. Not to mention the music is absolutely terrific (no surprise since this is an ATLUS title), but of course it isnā€™t on Spotify yetā€¦.

Whelp, I still plan on going back to the original game at some point, but thatā€™ll have to wait. Onto the next game!

2 Likes

Nice! Iā€™ll put that on my wait-for-sale-or-game-pass-list.

I got bogged down in Game Pass games for a bitā€¦ But should be back on track soon.

1 Like

I donā€™t blame ya. Iā€™m going to be rushing through The Artful Escape and Lost Words before they leave Game Pass!:sweat_smile:

Aye, playing Lost Words atm. Itā€™s pretty good, cute game with a nice, albeit sad, little story and pleasant visuals. Kind of needed after Immortality haha.

2 Likes

+0.5 Points - Finished World War Z: Aftermath DLC

Was suppose to get this done sooner, but my buddy that was playing through Game Pass slept in both days we were suppose to play before it left the service, so ended up finishing solo. Haha

If you played the base game, you didnā€™t miss much. This is just a few extra episodes (9 missions I think?) that bring a couple of new ideas onboard, but basically feels the same as the main game.

If youā€™re looking for a L4D itch (and you donā€™t hate yourself enough to play Back 4 Blood) then this isnā€™t a bad game to play through, just nothing incredibly special.

3 Likes

Leaderboard - September 6th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +19.5
  2. @outrigued +18.5
  3. @Mort +18.5
  4. @NierlyCrazy +4
  5. @PhantomFox +1.5
  6. @BadMoodJones +1
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

Andā€¦ I just finished Just Cause 3! Well, the main game anyway. It was a fun ride, lots of exploding things and shooting bad guys in a lot of creative ways. Itā€™s a bit of a dumb, fun action game and sometimes thatā€™s exactly what you want.

Did a lot of map clearing, but it got a bit too samey after a while so I think I will leave the rest of that for a rainy day when the backlog is emptier or something :wink:

Now, on to the DLCā€™s which I hope will change things up a bit with some new stuff. Not sure if Iā€™ll do them all at once or spread 'em out a bit. Weā€™ll see.

But for now, thatā€™s a +1 @PhantomFox !

4 Likes

Finished The Wolf Among Us last night. +1 for me. @PhantomFox

Had been on my mind for a while - particularly since the E3 rumors of TWAU2 being shown at the Xbox showcase - and Iā€™m glad I finally got around to it. Good noir story, very slick main theme, and Auto HDR boosted the artstyle quite nicely. Iā€™ll be curious to see what TWAU2 ends up looking like. Iā€™ve enjoyed the other Telltale games Iā€™ve played - all of the Walking Dead and Batman games - and this one felt like one of their better ones.

Started Tales From The Borderlands today. Expect me to finish it soon, along with some other stuff.

I was a bit quiet here the last week or two, because of Game Pass stuff. Go play Immortality!

5 Likes

The Wolf Among Us is probably my favourite TellTale game, looking forward to the sequel.

2 Likes

Leaderboard - September 8th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +19.5
  2. @outrigued +19.5
  3. @Mort +18.5
  4. @NierlyCrazy +4
  5. @PhantomFox +1.5
  6. @BadMoodJones +1
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

+1 Just finished Persona 4 Arenaā€™s story mode for all characters.

Tbh, I didnā€™t pay much attention to what happened in the story since Iā€™ll be playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax after 4 Golden and 3 Portable release next year. From a gameplay perspective though, P4A plays as well as youā€™d expect from the talented folks at Arc System Works. Have been hoping for a while weā€™d get a Persona 5 Arena title, but I guess that wasnā€™t in the cards. Maybe weā€™ll get one for 6.

2 Likes

If you end up being a serious competitor in this raceā€¦thatā€™ll be a heck of a comeback.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the hope! Although Iā€™m still jumping between completing games Iā€™ve already beat and Game Pass as well. So weā€™ll see what happens! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished the first DLC for Just Cause 3; Sky Fortress. It was pretty cool, different enough from the main game to feel fresh. New enemy types, bunch of new toys to blow things up with and a decent enough story. Over the top of course, they really keep on raising the ridiculousness to new levels. Not a fan of the As Dusk Falls-esque cutscenes though, that felt a bit cheap and lessened the overall impression a bit. Fun though!

Thatā€™s a +0.5 pour moi, @PhantomFox !

2 Likes

Leaderboard - September 11th, 2022:

1. @profjjj +19.5
  2. @outrigued +19.5
  3. @Mort +19
  4. @NierlyCrazy +5
  5. @PhantomFox +1.5
  6. @BadMoodJones +1
  7. @watgreatgaming -1
3 Likes

Finished Tales from the Borderlands. +1 for me @PhantomFox

It wasnā€™t bad! Most of the writing didnā€™t work for me but there were enough funny moments that I still had some smiles. I donā€™t know how much of the game was made by Telltale or Gearbox or etc but itā€™s the most ambitious of the TT games Iā€™ve played. I wonder what it cost at launch - it was longer than I expected.

I think thatā€™s the end of my TT journey. Iā€™ve played all of TWD, Batman, TWAU and now TFTB. The rest are delisted or not of interest to me.

I might replay Life is Strange soon. Still hungering for another choice-driven game and itā€™s been 6 years since I played it, and I do own it on multiple platforms. Iā€™m glad it has FPS Boost! I really enjoyed it when I played it originally.

Also, Iā€™m not really an achievement hunter but I thought Iā€™d share that Iā€™m closing in on 200k gamerscore. Currently just shy of 197k.

4 Likes

Just finished Soul Hackers 2. + 1

Really enjoyed the game, but it was toooooooooo long (for me). I started getting burned out about the 40 hour mark, but it took me another 30+ to finish it. Part of that was self inflicted, as I did almost every side quest and spend a ton of time fusing demons to try to get the combinations I wanted.

I have never liked games with tons of random encounters. Unfortunately, in this game you can barely take 10 steps without a random encounter spawning. Thank goodness you can try to avoid them. I canā€™t even begin to imagine how long this would have taken if I had fought every enemy that spawned.

I enjoyed the last main story mission and the ending a lot, but trying to get the Soul axis finished off was a huge slog. (To be clear, I didnā€™t actually ā€œfinishā€ it, but I did unlock all the story elements that required Soul Level 100 for each character.)

Anyway, despite my griping I did enjoy it. Still looking forward to all the Persona games.

I definitely need to play some shorter games now as a palate cleanser.

3 Likes

Just completed The Council. +1 for me @PhantomFox!

Overall, an interesting premise for a point and click adventure game, thatā€™s has an equally interesting story that drags in places, but runs with a couple good twists.

In the end, I donā€™t regret playing it, but I wonā€™t say I was overly impressed by it either.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got this one too. Itā€™s definitely want to get to it at some point.

1 Like