XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

You might want to have a quick listen to this song to confirm your fears.

I remember listening to it before immigrated to Australia

2 Likes

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I canā€™t even imagine a situation where I would even visit that place, let alone move there lol.

2 Likes

This conversation made me think of Karl Pilkingtonā€™s take on Australia

And yes, Aussie forum members, epecially you Nick, I know the dangerous animal thing is overblown. When you live in the the actual city areas you rarely encounter the worst of these things. Itā€™s mostly when youā€™re in the actual outback, wetland areas and certain parts of the ocean that you can encouter the more dangerous spiders, repitiles and sealifeā€¦but still. Itā€™s fun for the rest of us to tease about it

2 Likes

Youā€™re missing out. Australia is amazing and Australians are great. Iā€™ve been there several times and would go back in a heartbeat. Sydney is a beautiful and enjoyable city. I had a fantastic time hiking on Kangaroo island outside Adelaide. And visiting the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary on Tasmania was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

If/when I go back, I plan to beeline to Perth and visit Rottnest Island. From what I can tell, the quokkas there are among the most adorable animals in the world.

Weirdly, diving on the Great Barrier Reef was a disappointment. I regret going, not only because the diving wasnā€™t all that great, but I feel guilty the more I hear and read about the destruction of the reef.

1 Like

Iā€™ll go there in VR or something one day haha. I just canā€™t deal with that amount of creepy crawlies, as a northman I would also melt (I hate summer heat) and/or burn up.

Itā€™s beutiful for sure, and the people seem nice but itā€™s not for me haha.

2 Likes

It seems the truly horrible people are always trying to get the last word in on the Podcast Chat. Hereā€™s this snippet from the very end of the show.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a very valuable troll of Sir Dirt Griggitty and his Channel moderators, who are justā€¦ something else

next time I see him in our chat heā€™s done, if anyone has his youtube channel url I will ban him

2 Likes

Nick, I certainly do watch every episode, though I clearly blanked on when you and John talked about The Batman film. Or perhaps I dozed off for a bit, as I did last night when you were reading my question, so I couldnā€™t respond in chat

As Jess knows, I have some bizarre sleeping habits and often donā€™t make it through anything in one sitting. And like theyā€™re referencing above, itā€™s probably good that I did, as I was getting pretty annoyed with chat. The good news, there are a lot of new names in the podcast chats now. The bad news, most of them seem to absolute fā€¦I better not say. Kage may be around

Hi @Sikamikanico @Shpeshal_Nick . I havenā€™t been on the forums for quite a while now. Unfortunately work has been busy and personal life stuff have become more important for the time being. But just wanted to say congratulations on having Phil Spencer on the podcast. Truly deserved and a great moment for the site and channel. Keep up the great work fellas.

And to @Doncabesa and the team behind the scenes keep up the great work too.

PS . Ed Fries podcast was amazing as well!

5 Likes

Oh Frick! I missed the cutoff, and I had a question primed for MVG. Oh wellā€¦

GOC

ā€œLetā€™s not mention the footballā€¦ā€

Listening to Nick and MVG discussing Xboxā€™s DRM issues. They seem to think Xbox doesnā€™t have an offline system in place, I know for a fact it does. The home Xbox and offline systems in the hardware itself exists and works, but it can be inconsistent and I suspect itā€™s buggy. I have experimented enough with it to know that thereā€™s a system and it works even after completely shutting down the power, but it can sometimes not work for no reason.

Another problem with it is that itā€™s always online dependent, it seems to favor online authentication over any local authentication, and thatā€™s where the problems with server outages occur. It appears If youā€™re on your home console and went to offline mode before the servers were down, youā€™ll be able to play offline just fine for the rest of the day even while the servers are down, because you downloaded the DRM authentication from the servers and stored it locally . It seems that if you donā€™t go into offline mode, the console depends on the network for authentication, and when the servers go down and your console wasnā€™t put into offline then it doesnā€™t have a way to authenticate your ownership and subscriptions.

I really think it sucks so much that itā€™s this way, they really need to fix it. Itā€™s obvious that they absolutely have the ability and hardware components to make it work as intended. I hope thereā€™s enough uproar for them to fix this.

1 Like

Pickled Octopus :octopus:

To ā€œno one plays SoDā€ MVG.

https://www.thegamer.com/state-of-decay-2-homecoming-10-million-lifetime-players/

I love MVG, but itā€™s unfortunate he still stands by the objectively wrong and disrespectful ā€œdiscussionā€ they had in that Spawn Wave podcast.

1 Like

Timestamped clip

:smile_cat:

3 Likes

Lol, missed that because I just listen to the podcast in the background

2 Likes

Ngl there was a lot of damage control during a certain section of the podcast lol.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t managed to listen yet, which part was it haha

MVG and Nick discussing the Spawncast controversy of last week

First, a couple weeks late but just want to say that I really appreciate the way the Halo season 3 delay discussion was handled. It sucks all around but thereā€™s the professional way to talk about it and the Twitter/youtube way, thanks so much for stepping up.

Second, this is your periodic reminder that Zhuge (Daniel Ahmadā€™s Twitter handle) is the name of a famous Chinese historical figure, pronounced joo-guh. Literally the guy in his profile photo. Someday perhaps my ears will be spared any further ā€œzed hugeā€ lol.

2 Likes