XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

1:16:57 :eyes:

can’t watch at the minute, please elaborate!

It’s Sik teasing a future project that was only made possible thanks to our Patrons’ support

2 Likes

I had a dream about it, Sik didn’t confirm or deny my premonition, but he did so rather “pointedly”

To be honest I’m not even sure if what he was teasing is the same thing I’m thinking of. :sweat_smile:

And if it is, I’m quite surprised that he teased it at all!

2 Likes

My dream was so very clear and had very little nudity in it, which was a change, it also hints to it being a true premonition :stuck_out_tongue:

It is. CONFIDENT we’ll pull it off!

1 Like

An XboxEra Boi Band with first song and music video in the works?

4 Likes

I see Nick and Figments in chorus - with Sik hogging all the limelight with his solo performance. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll ask it one last time and then I promise to let it be :wink:

@Shpeshal_Nick

Right before E3 you got some of us really hyped because

1 - Someone told you to blink twice if the studio acquisition was IO. You then posted a gif of I forgot the name of the actor…blinking twice.

2 - There were Persona rumors and a thread was made but most of the rumors turned out to be false. But the thread title was changed to “still happening” .

Now I realize neither of these are exclusive to E3, or were they? But anything on this? :slight_smile:

I don’t know how good their track record is but @FeiEX says Persona 5 Xbox was cancelled due to “contract issues with another party.”

1 Like

Oh, wow. I see. If true…then it won’t take a long guessing game to find out who that other party is.

That doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah - Atlus does not have exclusivity contracts. They are just supremely lazy to port it to other platforms. Even RGG is now porting to Xbox. Hopefully, Atlus will start doing the same and release more for Xbox/PC.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re lazy, they’re only closed minded and considering Xbox moves in Japan were non-existant since only a few years, their position was not so strange (“why bother?”). Now after Yakuza success if they don’t do it there must be a reason, Sony thugs tactics and/or adamant higher-ups at Atlus. Anyway, SEGA should have the final call on the matter and everytime they repeat how enthusiastic they are about Game Pass, so I expect a good ending for once.

Atlus anyway is a strange company, even this situation with Persona only on PS and SMT only on Nintendo…are we in the 90s? If they think that people on Xbox/PC wouldn’t play those games there is only one word to describe them: fools.

1 Like

Let’s get one thing straight the other party isn’t Sony all I can say on the matter. Sega and Atlus operate as their own only thing they collaborate on, publishing outside the Asia region as Sega publishes all of Atlus games outside of Japan. This can be seen with recently shown Shin Megami Tensei V as Atlus will publish the game themself in the Asia market however Sega and Nintendo will publish it outside of that specific market.

The plan was to release Persona 4 Golden on all consoles (PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch) this summer (could still happen) someone I trust who knows all things Xbox specifically the Asian market said that Microsoft approached them with an offer to bring P4G to Gamepass as a day title along with other titles that were proposed Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Scramble to game pass. Xbox would fund the development duties of those two games and would support publishing if needed, this was a discussion with Atlus, not Sega this was direct communication with the developer. They have Xbox dev kits in the office even Gamepass distribution software however in the middle of May the other party got wind of Atlus planning an Xbox version of the game and step in immediately told them to stop due to a contract obligation they had a few years back as this party wasn’t happy about them bringing the game to this specific platform and stop it with their power. This is just related to Persona 5 Royal and not Persona 4 Golden or Persona 5 Scramble (I think might be the same situation).

Persona 4 Golden as I know at this moment still has its console port in development and yes all the platforms I mention are still in the works. It’s just a matter of time when they announce that port but for Persona 5 Royal only way that happens is they convince that third party or get legal help on that matter if they really want it to be on that platform.

Edit: Here’s something to get rid of the bad taste: Catherine: Full Body and Project Re Fantasy are in development for Xbox and PC.

4 Likes

Interesting story, but who might be against an Xbox port for an old game other than Sony? I also find very difficult to believe that Catherine: Full Body is “in development for Xbox”, it’s been released for years now and Xbox even had the original, what’s the galaxy brain reasoning to port it years after the fact?

Nothing make sense honestly, nor the timings, nor the games, nor the platforms even, the only constant is that Xbox gets nothing from Atlus since 10 years and I doubt that SEGA is the roadblock here.

If Xbox went directly to Atlus and they clearly have a great relationship with SEGA, I don’t understand what other party can be against it, it’s not an external ip with strange licenses.

1 Like

Is @FeiEX verified by the mods? I feel like you can’t just say things like that otherwise.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m not buying it. Who has an interest in P5R if not Sony?

2 Likes

While I wouldn’t say verified as such, the conversation I’ve had with @FeiEX previously regarding how any knowledge obtained was, I believe, genuine, though I won’t share any details. So you can apply a grain of salt if it makes you sleep better at night. We won’t know until we know. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes