XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

Oh no, we are fairly sure it will be 3rd person. I can’t quite put it into words but I think people have a certain in thing in mind what the game might be and it may not turn out like that. Plus I think the potential episodic nature is going to split opinions.

In the end the quality is what matters. I’m totally in for short experience if done right and it they should be games with real combat. No slow walking stuff and cutscence after cutscence.

Titanfall 2 is a really good example how you do a good short cinematic singleplayer. Make cutscences part of the gameplay dont let me lay my controller at the side.

2 Likes

In complete agreement. If the Initiative do end up producing a game with unique experiences then I am interested in seeing what it will be. After the soon to be finalised Bethesda acquisition I am much more relaxed about Xbox game studios exploring more creative ideas than chasing trends etc.

1 Like

Not sure where else to ask this but will XboxEra be doing a Game of the year vote? I wanna see what Xboxera thought was the best game of each respective genre.

With the initiatives games and you guys saying how the world is connected in the same way that episodes in black mirror are, I think the best way to introduce is to just not tell anyone.

Just say that there are so many stories that they have always wanted to tell that don’t necessarily fit into a 20-30 hour game, and that the initiative is going to be trying out some of the ideas that they had but could never do.

Still have the games as they are, don’t change anything, but let the audience start to connect the dots for themselves. Like ‘Oh in each of these games everyone has the same brands of cell phone’ or car or whatever.

That way you don’t annoy people who think episodic = terrible, and you get the, im not sure what you would call it, collective intrigue? of people connecting the dots together online.

You would only need to do this for the first ‘season’ for lack of a better term, and then everyone would be onboard

tbh though with how nervous everyone was, especially Ed Im just imagining that the initiatives game is a fortnite clone banjo reboot with copious amounts of micro transactions that’s gamepass only.

3 Likes

Now you have me worried too, lol.

1 Like

@Shpeshal_Nick thoughts? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes.

After the discussion on the podcast I already set my expectations really low for this one since the episodic model isn’t my thing. Maybe the size of the team at the moment can’t support a big AAA game and they simply want to start working on something smaller for a start and then grow up from there. Still curious to see what they will come up with.

Awesome episode btw, keep up the great work guys! :slight_smile:

Yeah this has bumped The Initiatives games off of my Most anticipated-list… Now I just hope it’s not a flop. Sigh.

I really wanted this to be something else.

Just listened to the most recent podcast and i have to say it’s really nice to have a Xbox podcast like this. IGN podcast unlocked was once my go to but i feel like Ryan is the only person on there with a genuine passion for Xbox. There’s definitely a growing scene for Xbox podcasts and content and it’s exciting. Glad this forum exists.

2 Likes

I’m with you @Shpeshal_Nick ! I have pronounced cache like you my entire life. Granted, I’m not a native speaker :wink:

1 Like

The title of the OT is the sequel to ‘2 girls 1 cup’ we never knew we needed

So I always called Cache as Cash. A lot of programmers I have spoken to on mic call it Cash too, weirdly enough.

That’s because it’s the correct pronunciation! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

‘4 Guys 1 Up’ was a prominent gaming podcast not all that long ago iirc.

Can’t wait for the episode with Rand Al Thor 19 on it!!!

Please let us know when it’s happening. Thanks.

What? Where? How? When?

He announced it on his podcast :slight_smile: HE WILL BE HERE GUYS

2 Likes

Awesome! He’s great.