XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

It’s always recorded on a Saturday night, live or not. If that helps. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Me when the rumour mill jingle comes on

season 1 friends GIF

1 Like

Watching todays podcast, I wonder if it wouldn’t be a good idea to have like a discord messenger up between everyone on the podcast and use that as way to indicate you have something to add and would like to go next and the host giving a go-ahead so everyone knows who’s turn is coming

Just a way to keep things flowing without having to verrbally wrangle who goes next, who needs to shut up and so on

4 Likes

Watched the preservation segment. Personally, I don’t really care since I move on when a new generation starts. The only issue I have with Microsoft and Xbox is that you have to “verify” every game “online” before being able to play it. This is just stupid and makes no sense in my opinion. Other than this, no real issue and whatnot since none of the other stuff applies to me.

2 Likes

@Shpeshal_Nick on the Xbox Insider program, you can sign up for it but then opt for Omega ring, which sometimes gets the dashboard a few days before the public release and other times some in that ring don’t even get an update before the public release.

Obviously avoid the “Alpha SkipAhead”, it’s too bleeding edge. Sometimes even the “Alpha” ring (one step down) is a bit aggressive too.

1. Alpha Skip Ahead
  2. Alpha
  3. Beta
  4. Delta
  5. Omega
3 Likes

Yep, avoid Alpha Skip Ahead and Alpha. Beta is the safest I feel, while getting some stuff early like Edge browser most recently.

Last month, my Series X got stuck on boot-up because of an Alpha SA/Alpha update. I thought she was dead…my baby.

Edit : linking to the thread

1 Like

@Figments

I wanted to touch on the topic of “open source the operating systems” of older systems. There’s several legal issues surrounding that where you can’t simply hand-wave them away. Specifically where not everything used to provide the consumer experience is owned by Microsoft.

Some aspects from the Original Xbox system are owned by Nvidia. Best of luck in getting them on board. Just look at their Linux treatment for a current day example. Microsoft had/has to pay royalties to Nvidia on X360 and likely the follow-up systems to have compatibility.

Some aspects may even be licensed technology from other companies, where their sole existence is through license agreements. They will never ever give their lively hood away for free.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed this episode! OneBadMutha is a great guest, hope to see him back on again.

7 Likes

Isn’t game preservation already better because xbox 1st party games are on PC and you could crack em and have them forever besides online stuff. :thinking: I don’t think a ping system makes Halo “sweaty” because Halo was always that way. Magnum, BR/Carbine, killing teammates for the sniper. If a new thing makes it more sweaty it would be that grappling hook.

Dark Souls already has an easy mode, its called co op. Could they have accessibility options? Yes. If you can have a troll item that does nothing, you can make an item where you can turn off respawning enemies or being able to place a bornfire anywhere. Or make it so you couldn’t die. Dark Souls lore or the “metanarrative” doesn’t even play by its own rules so designers intent excuse is :man_shrugging: to me.

Is this back-to-back without the rumor mill jingle?

They did it, you just couldn’t hear it over Figments :wink:

5 Likes

Random request for everyone, but if you listen to us on anything that allows for a review (Apple, probably?) - please consider dropping us a good one! :green_heart:

7 Likes

Is @OneBadMutha staff or just a community member? It was neat to hear another voice that isn’t an established podcaster/dev/etc. I’d love to see more featured from the community. Lots of great voices here, I’m sure many would be interested. Heck, I would lol! Good episode all!

He is a staff member and a host of the You Had Me At Halo podcast.

Very cool and good to know. I wish I liked Halo enough to listen to a dedicated podcast about it!

1 Like

The “you had me at what” podcast?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hab dich lieb @OneBadMutha

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

I have developed a game awards fobia, For real! I stop listening every single podcast as soon as I heard “game awards”.

disgust GIF

1 Like