XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

The other thing is that even if tons of ppl are paying Gold subs en masse, if MS is clever in how they position things price-wise they can convert those Gold subs into GP subs instead.

Ex: Pack Gold into standard GP for no additional cost. Gold then has no reason to be bought and MS can automatically move those subs into GP. Everybody wins. Probably a lot more $$$ to be made in the long term this way than keeping those ppl just subbing to Gold.

Ya don’t need to ask where the revenue from Gold would go if you are converting ppl from Gold to GP where there is higher potential for further revenue generation. It’s a matter of steady Gold sub revenue that is static vs stable GP revenue that has lots of room for growth imho.

1 Like

Only new to the podcast as someone on Era linked it, but I’ve caught up and just want to say it’s such a great show and I now genuinely look forward to the next episodes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love the podcast, but @Shpeshal_Nick should invest in a dedicated mic :wink: Just for the higher quality of his voice. Do it Ed! :wink:

1 Like

Great episode as usual!

1 Like

He’s got one!

Wow, didn’t notice. Well, he seems to sound a little bit off in comparison to you and Figments.

Australia you know…probably a croc chewing on a cable or a spider nesting in the mic.

3 Likes

Cheers for answering the question guys. I’m really curious to see what Compulsion comes up with and as you said, it will be interesting if they can fully channel that first We Happy Few trailer into their next project, especially with Microsoft’s full backing now.

Also, in case you’re wondering, Scott x 2 is my username because my name is actually Scott… Scott, long story!

Yep, didn’t think about that. You’ll probably right.

Sik uses the direct Skype feed and That’s how I sound coming through Skype. We record our own audio which is what gets used for the audio version. It used to also get overlaid over the video one but that stopped a while back.

2 Likes

Good episode as usual and appreciate you guys answering my question. It is hilarious how many times @Figments was called by his old handle. I sense patience is wearing a bit thin there on the change lol.

I should have known my question about Halo Infinite would cause you all to go on a tangent and a bit of an argument to break out amongst you, and yes @Sikamikanico I am proud that I kicked up a ‘healthy’ debate for the podcast :wink:. Halo sure does bring out the passionate opinions in people.

Hi guys loving the Forum & podcast, my question is with Xbox working on bringing some franchises back along with time exclusive’s being a big thing next gen, do you think we could see Dead Rising come back? Either as an exclusive once again or a time exclusive?

Also with GTA getting revamped version do you think Red Dead Redemption 2 will get the same treatment?

We need to start a movement on Twitter to get phil on the podcast. Hes doing so many podcast right now. This would definitely send out a flare to people looking for a forum to discuss xbox with out ridicule.

#xboxeraneedsyoup3

2 Likes

I’d rather not spam Phil - the short answer to this is:

We’re not big enough yet. We will get there though. One of the things that’s important to me and the rest of the crew is our style for having guests. We don’t want 20 minute short clipped interviews and that’s it.

Our guests join us for the full episode as co-hosts and we don’t just drill them with questions. It’s a more balanced, chilled affair and I think that works for us and our audience.

7 Likes

Having Phil on the show would be huge. But as you said Sik, there will be time when the podcast grows and will make it happen.

1 Like

Great podcast again! A couple of thoughts I had while doing the job.

• What if Halo has a special Battle Royal, while having the old 5 vs.5 style of game. Imagine this; 8 islands of 5 vs. 5 guys all with colors of their own with the old system of scoring with 25 points. One has the map of guardian and you can see in the distance for example assembly. On Your Island you mainly fight the other guys, but you can see and snipe/rocket/laser the other colors teams, but not earn points for it (maybe a currency?) but influence a match in a way so you get to have a chance for the weaker team to win and you get to come out in the next round versus that team.

• @Shpeshal_Nick is a genius with how xbox should take a positive lead onto the gaming community with reviving older ips. Castlevania back to Iga would be an epic chess move imo. Other ideas; Ninja Gaiden 8 bit trilogy dotemu/lizardcube. a new Capcom collection of digital eclipse with gems like little Nemo and ghost’n goblins. But my favorite would be creative assemble Alien IP round 2. now i will be rambling, but just invest in the alien IP and have some older alien games on the system ( Aliens: Infestation and Alien vs predator arcade (i wish)).

So yeah thanks for making this hot working day a lot easier with daydreaming bout the possibilties. cheers!

2 Likes

Yeah, I really enjoy the format you have for guests. Speaking of, any guests planned in the near future?

Yes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great, looking forward to it!

I would love to see a chill podcast with tim Schafer. He just seems like hes on a different level then other developers. I feel like tim could be on whose line is it anyways and have the audience shout out five different things and he could go and turn it into an amazing game

2 Likes