XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

17 Likes

Really can’t wait for the new DLC. Guessing i’ll be back on the Witcher until it drops.

2 Likes

I can’t believe Phil has the audacity to scribble his signature over those Xbox’s, who does he think he is?

You know if ya know

17 Likes

He’s just a damn cool guy.

1 Like

CDPR already is a publisher aren’t they?

2 Likes

Following up on this in case anyone has a similar question: It arrived today, and setting it up was generally a breeze. Got PlexKodiConnect working perfectly, and was able to get Xbox remote play and Cloud Streaming working by sideloading APKs. Pretty impressed so far, aside from one annoying issue.

Pressing the Xbox button on an Xbox controller takes you home. The Android TV home. So if you’re remote playing and you need to access anything outside of the currently running game… you’re out of luck.

That aside, it works decently well on a 1080p TV via Wi-Fi 5. I might fiddle with the Xbplay app later to see if I can cloud stream in 1080p instead of 720p.

Edit: I have fiddled with the Xbplay app. Frankly, it’s not a very pretty app, but it works great and the games look better. Gonna be using this from now on, and there’s no need to sideload random old APKs.

I was also able to get around the Xbox home button issue: I don’t really use Netflix, so I wanted to remap the dedicated button on the remote. I managed to do that using this app, and it also let me disable the “single press to go home” function for the Xbox button. I was able to remap the Share button to the Xbox button, so now I can access the guide and such, and accidentally pressing the Xbox button doesn’t kick me back to the Android TV home screen.

4 Likes

Oh man, I forgot about the “controversy” of that lol

1 Like

Don’t forget that he’s just a PR guy, a statement sincerely made by someone with banning privileges :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Obsidian :muscle:

2 Likes

Edit : for real, these were some really dumb takes… I have that 20th anniversary controller and the hidden signature and quote are nice touches.

11 Likes

Just used the console in Skyrim for the first time ever, to locate Aela after she randomly got lost and disappeared in Solstheim.

GiantAridGypsymoth-size_restricted

4 Likes

I know some people have had it for a little bit, but not many. Really hoping I get it tomorrow and that the embargo is day of and not well before.

2 Likes

one thing i really hate about ‘that’ guy is him casually dropping ‘bad’ news a few hours before an xbox event/celebration. the ‘avowed back to drawing board’ tweet just before the xbox showcase this year was really unprofessional of him.

10 Likes

I hope so too. I really look forward reading your review of this.

Schreier did this right before E3? I didn’t even remember exactly anymore.

yep. and our Squirrel guy had a ‘debate’ with him regarding that tweet.

4 Likes

Remind me of how Twitter took a sweet time and when the big day is around the corner, time to sabotage. Granted, some can be really bad that I would understand, but sometimes, I hate when they do that right before the big day. With all due respect and apology in advance, but if you have something serious to expose, please do so immediately, not when the time is almost here.

As someone who played and dropped this a few months ago, I would say try to get a disc copy for like $10-15. Also, game looks bland and is similar to Yakuza in regards to minimal voice acting. So be prepared to read a lot.

A better purchase would be Sword and Fairy: Together Forever. I put at least 15 hours into it. Visually looks better, combat and gameplay is better and more current. However, the same issue with the voice acting still applies. It’s only for the main story line and is in Chinese. So you’ll be reading the entire game unless of course you understand the language.

Jeez…do you think that you bought enough??? lol

Hope you enjoy all those games!!!

Oh hell yeah!!! CDPR baby!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Eh? Are you talking about the games in the background? Those are just from my collection lol, not from Black Friday shopping. Though now that I think about it, it does look like I framed it like I bought all them today :scream: :joy:

1 Like

Oh. Oops. My mistake. Seeing all those games, I thought that was your Black Friday game spree. lol

2 Likes