XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

I’m going with November 2028.

I have Callisto pre-ordered. Don’t care about the season pass. Will play through the base game and that’s it. For Sony’s exclusive content, im pretty sure that it’s cosmetic which I never give two shits about. Really looking forward to the game next Friday and best of all, im off from work next Fri and Sat. Woohoo!!!

Deathloop being 2022 for Xbox instead of 2021 turned out to be a good thing since it’s the only AAA title Microsoft published this year. And Ghostwire is probably early April 2023.

I can see those games having marketing deals with Sony but I don’t see any of them being timed exclusive. At most, some exclusive content which if it’s cosmetic only, who cares?

CDPR is awesome!!! The Witcher 3 was my game of the generation for PS4/XBO. I may have to make it win again after I play the upgraded version next year some time. I will be playing on performance.

Hahahaha. So true.

2 Likes

As someone who’s a little older Hive definitely seems like it skews more to the “look at me” of instagram. Personally I’m feeling the community on Mastodon more. Definitely skews more to the older crowd and more information/microblogging.

3 Likes

I myself think that I will be using both, as I like the information and Microblogging of Mastodon. But I also like the general vibe of Hive that seems more about Fandom/casual blogging based.

1 Like

From PS Store:

Contraband pack Get access to an exclusive Contraband Pack when purchasing The Callisto Protocol for PlayStation, which provides access to items to aid you in your survival earlier in the game.

48 hour Early access for DLC Purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition or Season Pass and get early access to upcoming DLC, available 48 hours before other platforms.

1 Like

Series S seems to be finally sold out on Amazon UK

It’s been #1 best selling in games since BF week started and seemed to keep getting restocks but it seems to finally be out now, still £190 on MS store and £200 at argos I think

Getting extra items in survival horror games has always felt stupid af to me

7 Likes

Cross posting Newegg Xbox e-giftcard deal from deals thread:

5 Likes

There’s a two hour trial of Chernobylite

Both of these are thankfully totally pointless “perks”. I still can’t believe that Sony spends money on such BS “advantages”…should the Playstation fanbase feel “special” or something? does anyone give a fuck? :phil_lmao:

About the season pass controversy it’s content seems like it’s not cut from the game since it will be available next year, still shitty that the new difficulty mode will be behind a paywall but sadly Naughty Dog and Nintendo did it and got away with it (hopefully this won’t become a trend). At least this won’t be a Resident Evil 7 situation where Capcom started to roll out season pass content a week after the release of the game, thank god they didn’t pull that shit again.

1 Like

This is exactly what makes Craig Cultist feel special. Sony is looking after me, I’m special mom, I am.

8 Likes

with it being black friday anyone know of any good deals on gamepass or live? I just got the luner colored controller

The audio already is super good in this game, but even better? Aw shit let’s go! This absolutely could have been a full priced remaster of the game at this point.

Yet it’s free.

2 Likes

Looking forward to diving into this game again when the update drops. I’ve begun it a couple times but never followed through.

2 Likes

Finally back after a real tough week away

1 Like

Series S back in stock at Amazon UK

Xbox saw it drop to #2 most sold and wasn’t having it :philwins:

1 Like

From what I’ve gather around the internet Microsoft is smashing it with the price drop in the UK…at least in Amazon.

It is also killing it here in Colombia in our bigest retailer (mercado libre) also thanks to the price drop, switch was first a couple of days ago but series se currently dethroned it. Would like to know if the series consoles are doing fine or just completely MIA (series X its still feels like trying to find a magial creature) feels like series S was born for this.

Also from what I’m understanding series consoles are not selling that hot anymore? @saintsflow20

Can’t speak for other places but in the UK Series S is at #16 for the year on Amazon, Series X is just below it at #19

Next highest is PS5 at #31, no switch in the top #50 which is surprising as I figured they’d have a lot of stock

1 Like

Crazy! it was at 33 before this week!

Yeah, I imagine they had a lot of stock for BF, it’s when I finally got mine

Series S biggest issue so far is that it doesn’t have that must have that next gen only title that brings in the casuals, if Fifa or MW2/Warzone 2 had went next gen only, Series S would be flying off the shelves without a price drop, Starfield would have brought a ton of people in too

I do wonder what happens next year, they will (hopefully) have a crazy amount of big titles next year, combining that with likely $200 and £175 or less in US/UK should be insane

Edit: Out of stock again in UK

2 Likes

I personally think this will be the pattern we will see with the Series S going forward: Lukewarm sales throughout the year and then it flying off the shelves as Microsoft targets Xmas gift shoppers with deals.

But as you say, hopefully next year the Series S will be even more compelling as the majority of games will be current gen.

1 Like

Series S just needs more bundles.

2 Likes