XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

1 Like

I’m sure Chris could get a team together to make another Conker game with Microsofts’s financial support, no need to drag Rare into when they’ve moved on to other projects and say they don’t want to work on it anymore.

It’s their IP, much like Battletoads they still have to oversee it if they loan it out to someone else.

Obviously, but it’s not their decision if it gets made, in fact they are open to other devs working on it.

Blinx & Conker: Time Sweepers!

I bet Phil would love that. :phil_lmao:

Game of the Year 2022 begins! Two articles monday-wednesday, one on thursday, and one on friday with a video!

This Friday will be a premier on YouTube at 10am est

9 Likes

While I don’t exactly agree with the framing, I share the sentiment.

With the ability Microsoft has to create an industry-wide standard controller, they definitely should have added a more nuanced rumble system and gyro support in the Series controller. Both features should be standard by now. Current rumble feels so basic, plain. Many smartphones have gyro support so that would be neat considering cloud gaming.

You may argue that devs won’t use it and many players don’t like these features but that sounds like giving up to me, if you really want to advance controllers technology.

This is not meant as a persecution complex post and I haven’t played either game so I don’t have a personal quality judgment. Just genuinely musing on this.

High on Life - Mediocre reviews, but seems to have resonated with players and become a breakout hit

Stray - Good reviews, GOTY nominations, but doesn’t seem to have particularly resonated with players (I guess? I know people liked it, but I never really saw any further discussion about it after the first week. It seems to have come and gone as far as social media is concerned.)

I wish I could run an experiment where Stray was the Game Pass exclusive and High on Life was the PSN exclusive. Just to see which gets the GOTY nods. :laughing:

5 Likes

Im not interested in gimmicks I have no interest in that will inevitably increase the price of my controllers

The only extra feature id have any use for is paddles

3 Likes

I lot of these are gimmicks and arn’t needed. I would gladly give up adaptive gimmicks and the touch pad on ps5 if it resulted in a batter battery life. I usually turn of adaptive anyway. better rumble is cool but not needed. just make controllers that dont break and make the RB and LB easier to hit imo. Also make the controller less clicky and loud. nobody uses gyro aiming. the day xbox adds these features to its controllers is the day everyone shuts up because as of now its more of a console warring thing to bring up

5 Likes

To be honest, I think the tech is as good as it can be, everything else that has been added is used by the minority of people, even the extra buttons on the elite and every controller that has them. Beyond some work for better diy support(adjustment of the sticks, easier replacements of face/shoulders/triggers/sticks) I don’t think anything else needs to be added.

If Microsoft does decided to add those features? Great, but I do hope that they don’t make all the controllers come with them, as I will want to just buy a regular controller.

ya I feel like xbox could come out ahead if they just made a controller that didnt break or have issues. Since these new consoles came out. iv had 3 series controllers break in some way. I have 3 dual sense controllers and 2 of them have issues as well.

I haven’t watch it but glance at it made me think “So it’s Xbox’s fault for making a perfect controller?” I understand for more feature, but I wouldn’t cry over it if not ever.

6 Likes

Phil agrees with me :joy::+1:

As long as they don’t replace the current controllers I see no reason not to add the features to the Elite versions.

1 Like

If they KEEP the amazing battery life of Elite V2 then yes. But Sony didn’t manage to get that done for their controller. I wonder how much longer the battery life would have been if not for the gimmicks.

2 Likes

I seriously hope their pro controller has good battery life. The fact they didn’t highlight it like a feature is worrisome.

Oh I thought that was out by now.

Next month.

1 Like