XboxEra Community Hangout |OT6| New Year, Same Three Topics

Where are there comments based on about Bungie going for Stadia tech? I don’t see it.

Feels like half the battle. How do they play and what can you play

If they play a little better on one that is a positive, but if they don’t exist at all that negavtive feels a bit more dramatic

2 Likes

Basically give me Stadia tech + Xcloud Gamepass based business model and ecosystem.

2 Likes

It can not be solved later as you see in Stadias failure to attract customers. Indeed Stadias only good things (the technology) is the stuff which should be fixed later and the content should come first.

3 Likes

So basically MS will make more gaming revenue than Sony when the merge is complete

I did a thing, made a thread for it too.

Review | Dreamscaper - Gaming - XboxEra

8 Likes

I tried it last year with one of the Ys games and I finished it too. It was only in 1080p and via the edge browser on Xbox but it was very crisp, no issues with lag or artifacts of any kind.

I’ve tried some games on Xbox via the cloud button, so on console streaming and I wasn’t happy with the results. Perhaps it’s better with Xcloud on mobile? Although that shouldn’t be.

I don’t know where these Bungie stories are coming from, but I actually wonder if Sony could not be the one going after it?

This would be a damn good move. I’m not sure how much their own tech can further improve.

this is bad math and he knows it

1 Like

important consideration

In that sense, you can only consider revenue X + revenue A = X + A if ABK was never on Xbox before, but ABK has always been on xbox and include money made on xbox as part of A already. So saying MS will overtake Sony just because X+A = 25 which is greater than Sony is not the math to go with, even if the conclusion ends up right due to some other reasons (call it a Gettier case).

1 Like

And even better, play games you own too. But I feel like that’s something they have to figure out with publishers first.

1 Like

Yeaah. But why wait for first party games if there’s no publisher to ask in that context but themselves? I hope that aspect at least gets sorted and not hung up on third parties validating that policy to even kickstart it.

1 Like

I hope they don’t overtake Sony anytime soon so that they can have an easy argument to acquire even more companies :philwins:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO MATH.

I can see MS eventually offer a “Cloud Xbox” similar to their Cloud PCs. Rent a cloud XSX or XSS even, and use it like you use your own physical Xbox.

1 Like

The important thing to get from this is when the deal is done Xbox will finally roughly catch-up with PS and people are freaking out about this. Xd

2 Likes

Did the XboxEra community game of the year get posted yet or did i miss it?

5 million hard sales so that’s excluding EA Play and Gamepass.

Real shit. Gg Hazelight. This what Fares meant when he said the game’s kinda poppin off, and how they’re selling more than some AAA games out there lol

And this is also considering they give away a copy of the game with every copy essentially through the “Friend Pass”, so ideally speaking if every player played it with someone who themselves didn’t buy the game, then it’s 10 million players effectively.

9 Likes

Want to play this game but no one close to play with :broken_heart:

1 Like

I don’t think so and Suiker is going on vacation so… not sure when it will be.

1 Like