XboxEra Community Hangout |OT2| Cracking down on shitposting

When that day comes I hope that everyone here is just enjoying playing and talking about games, and not wasting one second of time reading or watching those disingenuous takes.

1 Like

One point in the podcast he mentioned that 90% of gaming rumours he’s heard of behind the scenes pertains to Xbox Game Pass. They also mentioned Sega and Bandai Namco as being two companies that are the most interested in being on Gamepass.

3 Likes

There is hope for Elden Ring Day One on Game Pass then !

4 Likes

That Days Gone writer seems to be struggling with the idea of supply/demand, and the elasticity of demand.

Video games are a leisure purchase with broad, broad competition (both within the market I.e. other games, and also against all other leisure spending from gym memberships to DVDs to pints in the pub) and a comparatively niche customer base (albeit growing). The fact any game is sold at full price is more of a wonder.

If he wants more sales, the only options there are are 1) differentiate or 2) lower price. Whinging is not a third option. People close to the games industry seem to be like people who are too close to any industry, and don’t acknowledge Pareto 80/20, that is to say that 80% of your business usually comes from 20% of your customers (who may pay full price) while everyone else (80% of customers) will pick and choose occasional items. Not everyone is a fanatic willing to spend their entire leisure budget on games.

8 Likes

This is the broad perspective that should be taken from this situation.

1 Like

Flood Tycoon - a Forerunner-Halo game where you play as a Forerunner scientist tasked with cultivating, and “managing”, different Flood species :wink:

3 Likes

There were some “leakers” saying Tales of Arise is a day 1 game pass game… I can see that being true. Getting a big name JRPG on game pass day 1 (and I mean REAL day 1, not “day 1 late port”) seems like a very good strategy to draw in that crowd.

4 Likes

Tales of Arise and Scarlett Nexus are more likely.

1 Like

Them too, it’s true. For Elden Ring, it is probably 2022, so Game Pass will be even bigger by then, so there is always hope :blush:

1 Like
6 Likes

Is Italy a popular country for Xbox? I always kind of assumed it was PlayStation territory.

1 Like

I think you are right. Just take AC:V for example. It was Xbox advertised but it was running better on PS5 at launch.

well i’ll be damned

lol no

like not even Halo gets commercials here

edit: it’s h played x week in 2020, not console sales, but still

Yup, Italy is PlayStation land, but I guess EA Play (Fifa 2021) being part of game-pass is paying dividend for Microsoft.

I think the framing is misleading here, no? It’s the console in which players spend more time. However, I would say PS5 is still selling better (don’t have any data to back that up, it’s just a hunch, Italy is in Europe after all) and therefore you would have more units in the hands of players.

For me a better framing would be “Series X|S are the consoles players spend more time with on a weekly basis”, but I guess that’s not quite as catchy :smile:

That’s less of an issue I think, as the more important thing is whether the game is well received or not.

1 Like

Spicy headline, but the article is very balanced and I agree 100%.

That account is bottom of the barrel fanboy bait.

3 Likes