XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Finally received the Xbox Series X today and setup everything. Packaging was awesome and setup was easy. Controller feels good but it also feels slightly smaller than the Xbox One controller but maybe it’s because I haven’t used an Xbox controller since Gears 5 released. Also, the directional pad is noisy. Like holy crap. But minor complaints.

My biggest issue was trying to download and access Gears 5 Hivebusters. Downloaded it in 11 minutes which was great but every time I started it, it kept starting Operation 5 so I would quit it. After doing this process twice, I let it play out on the third attempt and I finally get to the menu but I then see Gears downloading/installing and is at 62% while on the menu. After 5 minutes and only 1% increase, I quit the game and go back to the dashboard. I then go into the queue and it starts finishing downloading and installing within a few minutes.

What I don’t understand is why I couldn’t just download the base game and then the expansion like I would do after buying a game and expansion pass on PS4 Pro. I download the base game, go to the add-ons and download/install them.

With Hivebusters, it’s overly complicated compared to what im used to but thankfully, it’s all setup and ready to go when I play it tomorrow afternoon.

After that, I installed Watch Dogs Legion off the disc which took about 30 minutes to install but I know Xbox takes longer because it installs the entire game where as on PS4 Pro, some games wouldn’t fully install the game until you get to the title screen so the waiting sucks but at least when I finally play the game, I don’t have to wait for it to fully install.

Overall, it’s only been a few hours with the Xbox Series X and have to see how it all goes when I start playing Hivebusters. Once I start playing games, im not going to care about this stuff and at this point, after waiting two months to get it, im just super happy to have the console.

Let the GAMING begin!!! :joy:

9 Likes

Awesome! Many hours of gaming ahead for you now.

Indeed!!!

I will play Hivebusters tomorrow afternoon, work Wednesday and then start Watch Dogs Legion on Thursday. Plus, as of now, im off next week so plenty of time to play games. :joy:

Now this is funny

1 Like

Really excited for the second layer has been a long time time since I played a new platformer…

Just have to finish Dragon Quest :smiley: I’m almost done :wink:

Same. Tried it out at my brother’s place with Astro’s Playroom and Sackboy, which both are fun though and while the DS is the best PS controller so far, especially comfort wise, what is the big deal about the haptjc feedback and everything?

Also, seeing the system for the first time in person I was shocked at the size. I knew it was big from pictures and videos but seeing it yourself, Jesus.

1 Like

Got my Series X ordered today and fingers crossed it should be here in the next 2 days!

(the order page actually says tomorrow but we’ll see)

I had signed up to a stock informer website and they sent out a discord notification at 10 this morning saying Very had them in stock.

I just happened to be at my PC and got the order in straight away.

I was expecting spring before I would be able to get one.

1 Like

Portal 2 on 360 had horrendous IQ due to a blur-vaseline effect that was supposed to be an “AA” solution, now thanks to the god-tier Xbox ΒC team the game looks amazing at 4K. :wink:

Plus it’s a really great game too! also don’t forget to check out the co-op campaign!

1 Like

:flushed:

3 Likes

What’s your option about DQ11. I think it’s overrated because of the mute and emotionless MC. Some scenes where you should be emotional are destroyed by this MC who’s acting like a cameraman. And in the third act the MC lost some braincells (spoiler: he knows something and still sleeps well). Good game but the review score around 90 is too high.

90 is too high and please use for spoilers Some might want to play this game.

Reading through the community game of the year thread, I couldn’t help but think two things. One, Ori is going to win. Two, I wish I could see what you guys see in Ori.

Tried both games. I don’t mind a metroidvania (Guacamelee was great). I just don’t like Ori. It doesn’t feel nice to control & I think it’s needlessly punishing. Gorgeous to look at, but nothing else to rave about in my humble opinion.

:man_shrugging:

Eo9imTeXMAEmHdf

3 Likes

The escape sequences are annoying, but other than that I loved Ori. It’s beautiful and I really enjoyed jumping around in the world. The floaty, but still tight controls clicked for me.

The story didn’t grab me like the first one, but I did feel like this was a better video game overall. I’d give The Blind Forest a 7.5/10 and this one a 9/10.

Honestly you probably havent played many platformers :smiley: Ori is not that hard tbh

The Ori escape scenes kicked my ass (and make me skim over the sequel when thinking of what to play next).

But Hollowknight got so hard so fast I dropped it. Fairly early, according to reviews, but I spent tons of time trying to level up. Alas my arthritic hands, non-twitch reflexes, and household distractions made progress impossible.

Ori wasn’t that bad. I just had to have my kid finish the 2nd escape scene.

:smiley: I struggled at it too but after a year and also on switch I did a couple replays I managed to do it mostly at the first try hahaha

Just to follow up on my post yesterday, I turned on the Series X and immediately had no audio and the 4K “checkmark list” was all “x” out so I had to unplug the HDMI cable and plugged it back in to where it then worked. I have since changed the cable around to use the opposite end just to see if I end up with the issue again.

40 minutes later, I finally got to play Hivebusters. I’m halfway through it and really enjoying it thus far. Looks absolutely stunning on the LG CX OLED. HDR is great and overall, a visually stunning game.

I will say that I have a general complaint which is for all games in general, I really wish I could move the camera back. The field of view especially when aiming is bad. And when enemies are close to you, forget about it.

Other than that general gaming complaint, there’s something I would like to see get changed for Gears 6. When you need to hop over a barrier or something like that, you need to go literally into cover first and then climb/jump over it. If im walking/running towards a barrier than be jumped over or climbed over, I wish I could do that without having to go into cover first.

Minor issue aside, again, really enjoying it and only halfway through, I definitely want Gears 6 to be like Hivebusters. Just obviously longer. Give me a 12-15 hour solo linear campaign in Gears 6 with some action sequences/set pieces and I will be very happy. Will wrap up Hivebusters tomorrow night after work and then start Watch Dogs Legion on Thursday.

Except for Outriders on February 2nd, im glad that I personally don’t have any games for the first quarter of this year so I can catch up with my backlogged games ad by the time I do, new releases should be right around the corner. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah fov slider are common in fps why not TPS?

I don’t know. Normally, third person games, the camera is usually far enough behind the player to where you don’t need a FOV slider but in Gears, the camera is zoomed in when aiming. Walking/running is fine. It’s just when aiming. A few swarm enemies kept getting close and attacked me so I had to run and roll. lmao.

1 Like