XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

I thought this was an interesting article.

Sounds like it will be some extra work for XSS, nothing too crazy, but from what I read here XSX will be fine. On Reddit someone made a thread on this article and made it look bad, when if you read the developer’s quotes it really isn’t that bad. People try to bring back the “XSS holds back next gen”, but that isn’t at all what I got from this interview.

What say you?

1 Like

I love X much more than 1 and 2. I still have the Switch DE version of 1 sealed as I care that little about it :slight_smile:

Would love a switch release of X.

2 Likes

How can a tower defense game be held back by the Xbox Series S?

I’m guessing people that “worry” mean games in the future. That this is some kind of indication next gen (current gen actually now) will be held back. From what I’m reading by the dev itself is that XSS just means a little extra work, what we all thought. Nothing how it will actually limit XSX and PS5.

1 Like

Can anybody explain to me the difference between putting a game on the internal XSX SSD versus an external HDD?

Will the game not run the XSX enhanced version if on the HDD? In the case that a game is or isn’t enhanced, when on a external HDD, does it still get performance improvements?

Results are in: Xbox Community Game of the Year Results

4 Likes

Series X games can’t run off external drives of any kind. On the internal drive or that Seagate card.

It’s a bit more nuanced than that.

Anything using the GDK and Gen:Scarlett that is marked as Series X|S has to be run off internal NVME or external NVME StorageCard even if it can be entirely loaded into memory and never loads anything further such as The Touryst which is all of 548.9 Meg.

Anything using the XDK even XDK Gen9Aware can be run off any storage, even if it has enhancements specifically for the Series X|S, such as Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

:rofl:

5 Likes

That reminds me a little of angry bois on Youtube. Two Corgi’s acting exactly like that, lol.

1 Like

Do we know if Darktide has PC/Xbox crosssplay?

Supposed leak

Wanna know if they will optimize for Series X and S.

Looks kinda weird with the PS Studios logo on an Xbox case but I’m still happy to see it there. MS tends to use the developer logo on their multiplat releases.

1 Like

I was wondering if microsoft did that with Minecraft, and it seems on their cases it only says “Mojang”

This came out today. It’s not like I need any more games to play right now, but this looks rather nice!

1 Like

Ngl this is the first time I’ve seen an Xbox ad where I live, pretty nice! I see they’ve partnered up with Taco Bell here. Is that the case where you guys live as well?

Were anyone else surprised to see an Xbox ad out in the real world, like billboards and shit where you live?

It’s a playstation dominated country here, but ps5 is only launching next week whereas Xbox Series launched back in November itself. Glad they’re making an effort, unlike the last generation. Now, all they need to do is bring Xcloud here as soon as possible!

5 Likes

There’s not taco bell here :smugdancing:

2 Likes

Late to the party but amazing news! :partying_face:

Max Payne Trilogy, Otogi 1/2, Burnout 2/3, Jet Set Radio Future, Outrun Online Arcade, Rez HD, After Burner: Climax, Binary Domain, Virtua Tennis 4 (or Top Spin 4), Blur and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine hype!

@Opatschi About Dishonored 2, it sounds like you are burned out on the series. It’s normal because they are demanding games so take a break from DH2 for now and return to the game later IMO…and next time choose Emily over Corvo. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maaaaaybeee but the walehunting factory is the best Dishonored lvl no argument.:thinking:

I think I’d leave my country if there were no Taco Bell…

2 Likes