XboxEra Community Hangout |OT| Safe Space no longer required (Part 1)

Not that it was any of our business, but it was very obvious the move was for his mental health.

I don’t know why OTHERS tried to paint it as such.

Good to see him well and more open about his struggles with mental health and shines a light about why he really left TI (It was mental health)

2 Likes

Because there is always chaos at xbox studios!!!

Old era is bound to leave eventually. I do wonder who are the representatives of the modern era though?

Back 2 My Backlog

A great video.

3 Likes

1 Like

20delay1

Me: BOTH :smiley:

3 Likes

Not surprised Back 4 Blood was delayed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it get delayed to 2022.

Still expecting Crimson Desert, Dying Light 2, Far Cry 6, Horizon II: Forbidden West and Stalker 2 to get delayed to 2022. Also expecting a short delay for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

2 Likes

They’ll need substantial presence in Japan besides Tango to create/give a home for Sakaguchi.

The man should retire if he wants. Bring on much of his team and build a studio from it. He must have protégés worthy of a leadership role.

Look, while they’re games are great, Sony (and Playstation) turning all of their games into movies and TV shows will never not be funny to me, considering the famed “TV, TV, TV” meme circa 2013.

I mean, look at Halo, that has been in development hell for at least an entire console generation (started as a Peter Jackson production) so I would give that one less guff, but TLOU, to Uncharted to GoT all being turned into movies and tv shows by “Playstation Productions” is hysterical to me in a historical context.

6 Likes

His first tweet was very clear that he had taken up a lower position at Insomniac, and it was almost common knowledge that he had suffered a family tragedy.

Must have definitely affected his work and his health.

The Sony camp (not fanbois, but rabble rousers like David Jaffe etc.) went completely overboard with this.

5 Likes

Yeah - the question is what is the destination for his proteges? Besides Tango there is no presence in Japan.

Which one of them has the musical or dance sections?

2 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

MonsterWer on Twitter: “Obsidian working on a project to be announced this E3/VGA :thinking: https://t.co/Tr5plRFuRe” / Twitter

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

good job Sucker Punch and Playstation Studios! :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Josh Sawyer’s project, I suppose.

4 Likes

Oh that makes sense.

2 Likes