XboxEra Community Game of the Year 2023 - VOTING THREAD! - Deadline February 11th!

1. Baldur’s Gate 3
  2. Streetfighter 6
  3. Super Mario Bros Wonder
  4. Anno 1800 Console edition
  5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
  6. Forza Motorsport
  7. Starfield
  8. Diablo 4
  9. Jagged Alliance 3
  10. Mortal Kombat 1

Ongoing game: Rocket League

1 Like

Keep the lists coming!

1 Like
  1. Hi-fi Rush
  2. Starfield
  3. Diablo IV
  4. Cocoon
  5. Venba
  6. Lies of P
  7. Planet of Lana
  8. NHL 24

I can’t think of any other 2023 games I have played. I honestly could probably take 2-7 and put them in any order.

Ongoing game 1. Rocket League

1 Like
  • Starfield
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Sea of Stars
  • Diablo 4

These are the one I played :slight_smile: Usually, my focus is usually on “old” titles. They cost less and with fewer bugs / more features e.g. AC Odyssey, Witcher 3, RE Village

3 Likes
  1. Cocoon
  2. Hi-Fi Rush
  3. Planet of Lana
  4. Starfield
  5. Jusant
  6. The Last Case of Benedict Fox
  7. Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
  8. The Finals
  9. High on Knife

Ongoing game 1. Halo Infinite

2 Likes

Keep 'm coming!

1 Like

Remember, the deadline to post your lists is February 11th.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. I’m deep into BG3 trying to finish it before then haha. It and Starfield are currently tied for my GOTY so I need to make choice…

3 Likes

Not sure if there are other people besides @Mort who are still waiting to post their lists, but be sure to post them before February 11th.

And don’t forget to add some reasoning to your lists. It helps me create a fun article for the Community GOTY if I have some good quotes from you lot.

5 Likes

One last reminder, but I suppose most of you have already filled in your lists.

5 Likes

well, I forgot

1. Talos Principle II
  2. Alan Wake 2
  3. Cocoon
  4. Forza Motorsport
  5. Starfield
  6. Chants of Sennaar
  7. Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  8. Hifi Rush
  9. Planet of Lana
  10. Jusant

2023 was a very good year for puzzle games and Talos II was the bestest. It improves on almost everything in the first game with many new puzzle mechanics but now you have fellow humans to accompany you on your expedition with philosophical insights and even some humor. Can’t beat that.

Ongoing Game 1: Forza Horizon 5

Ongoing Game 2: Sea of Thieves

Ongoing Game 3: Flight Simulator

3 Likes

Well, here it goes:

1. Starfield

It’s not everyday we get a Bethesda RPG so this was naturally one of my most anticipated games of this generation and it lived up to, and exceeded, my expectations. Exploring the vast star map, building my outposts and ships, experiencing the stories and mysteries was great. I was most impressed with the quest design which has to be one of Bethesda’s best yet. The main quest, the faction missions and side missions were almost all really good. A couple of the faction quest lines could be smaller games on their own, excellent!

1. Baldur’s Gate 3

This came in late in the year and almost, almost took the top spot. What a game! I’m not finished yet, the game is bloody massive, but it’s one of the best RPG’s I’ve played. To get this and Starfield in the same year is a treat. Story is excellent and an awesome cast of companions and characters enhances everything. The combat is great, with every little encounter being exciting and tactical with so many options. Exploring a beutiful world, filled with quests and secrets and I’m pretty much smiling all the way through.

1. Star Wars Jedi Survivor

I was a fan of Fallen Order and the sequel improves on pretty much every aspect of that game. Excellent exploration and fun combat mixed with that Star Wars feeling that is at its best far, far away from the movies.

1. Cocoon

2. Jusant

3. Planet of Lana

4. Atomic Heart

Ongoing game 1: Grounded

Ongoing game 2: Forza Horizon 5

Ongoing game 3:

There’s lots of 2023’s games still in my backlog and more than a few would probably get a spot on this list but alas, the life of a backlogger only allows for so many new games in a year :wink:

7 Likes

1.Starfield

2.Dead Space Remake

3.HiFi- Rush

4.Resident Evil 4 Remake

5.Hogwarts Legacy

6.Persona 5 Tactics

7.Remnant 2

8.Dead Island 2

9.Ravenlok

10.Planet of Lana

2023 was a great year and I still haven’t play Alan Wake 2 Spiderman 2 Jedi Survivor yet

Ongoing game: Fortnite

2 Likes