XboxEra Community Game of the Year 2021 - Post your lists!

Moar lists = moar happy me. I think we’re getting closer to the amount of votes we had last year.

2 Likes

1.Halo Infinite This just clicked for me. I felt like I was playing Halo for the first time again. The gunplay, exploration, even the story had me hooked.

2.Guardians Of The Galaxy Man I didn’t expect this to be this good. The story is amazing and I highly recommend this game to everyone.

3.Death’s Door Indie game of the year for me. It’s so good to play, difficult but fair and fun! Such an amazing game!

4.Forza Horizon How do they keep making this game better than the last one? Loved this game, it’s fun and addictive. I’ve done the just one more race for hours!

1. Hades I’m a indie game lover so I have this on my switch already but I loved it on my Xbox too. It’s almost a perfect game. Everything about it seems refined and polished. The gameplay, story, and control are amazing!
6 Likes

Seeing Sea of Thieves on lists are reminding me of how good the water is. About 70% of the time I boot the game up just to sail. Watching the waves roll while sailing can be such a relaxing experience if you’re not being griefed. If Rare wanted to make a boat sim im all for it, and im someone whose nervous of the ocean lol.

2 Likes

Seriously though, the community is as wonderful as it is because of people like you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Totally, no ones believes me, but I would play SoT just for this, as I find it just so relaxing, its really good for my GaD… Until of course I see sails then just panic and can’t play any more. I am like a broken record, but given the benefit such a game would give my mental health I would pay MS a tenner a month for a private server for just me and the girls to sail about in.

Also Updated @SuikerBrood to add “The Wild At Heart”!

3 Likes

Hmm. This is tough trying to remember what I played last year. I think I would go with:

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Psychonauts 2
  3. Forza Horizon 5
  4. Lost Words: Beyond the Page
  5. The Artful Escape
  6. Hades
  7. Unpacking
  8. Raji: An Ancient Epic
  9. The Ascent
  10. Guardians of the Galaxy

I may well edit this after more thought.

5 Likes

I recommend MSFS for this!

Yeah I’ve tried it for that, especially to show my daughter where I grew up, but the “faff” keeps it from the forefront of my mind.

I feel like I haven’t played nearly enough games I’m from 2021 but here’s what I’ve got:

• 1: Psychonauts 2
  • 2: Metroid Dread
  • 3: Halo Infinite
  • 4: It Takes Two
  • 5: Forza Horizon 5
  • 6: The Artful Escape
  • Ongoing Game 1: Sea of Thieves
  • Ongoing Game 2: Rock Band 4 (may the DLC never end)
  • Ongoing Game 3: Rocket League

Still dying to play Guardians of the Galaxy, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Chicory.

4 Likes

Finally finished Lost Judgment so I can finally post my top ten games for 2021.

1. Halo Infinite - 9.5/10
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 9.0/10
  3. Outriders - 8.5/10
  4. Kena: Bridge of Spirits - 8.5/10
  5. The Ascent - 8.5/10
  6. Far Cry 6 - 8.0/10
  7. Resident Evil VIII: Village - 8.0/10
  8. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy - 8.0/10
  9. Lost Judgment - 8.0/10
  10. Nier Replicant - 8.0/10

Top three live service games -

1. Outriders
  2. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
  3. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

NOTES: Halo Infinite is my first game of the year from Microsoft since Gears of War 2 in 2008. This also ends Sony’s four year streak at giving me my game of the year. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is an excellent game and im hoping for a Rivet spin off game similar to Miles Morales. Outriders is a great third person looter shooter that I completed a whopping four times in 2021. Currently trying to get all the MODS before the Worldslayer expansion releases this year.

Kena was a great souls type game with gorgeous visuals from a studio in which this was their first ever game. Hoping Sony acquires Ember Lab. The Ascent was a great twin stick shooter and hoping that Microsoft can acquire Neon Giant as I would love to see what a full fledged funded sequel could be. Far Cry 6 was great and enjoyable for what it is thus far, the last three games are nowhere near what Far Cry 3/4/Primal were for me. Resident Evil VIII was also great overall but the last third of the game was disappointing and simply isn’t as great the first two thirds of the game. Had the same issue with Resident Evil VII. REmake2 remains the best and my favorite RE game.

GOTG was a great game story/character wise with excellent visuals and soundtrack but the combat left a lot to be desired. Lost Judgment is carried by the story/characters and excellent voice acting but the gameplay/combat is simply stale and boring for me after playing five of these games. Stealth sections give Spider Man 2018 a run for it’s money in regards to being the worst forced stealth missions that I have ever played in a game. Nier Replicant is a great game with excellent combat, music and story/characters but Automata is easily superior.

I loved Outriders and continue to play it making it my #1 live service/ongoing game of 2021. Super hyped for the Worldslayer expansion. The Division 2 is excellent and I replayed everything on Xbox Series X in early 2021 and finally finished all the seasons back in November. While delayed, I am looking forward to seeing what Massive has in store later this year. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is third by default as I have no other live service games. The expansions were solid but I am looking forward to Dawn of Ragnarok more than either of the previous two expansions.

That’s my overall 2021 year of gaming. I am very much looking forward to 2022 as that all starts with Dying Light 2 and Horizon Forbidden West which will both be amazing games and for DL 2, will also be one of my top three live service games for 2022. Hyped!!!

2 Likes
  • 1: Psychonauts 2
  • 2: New Pokemon Snap
  • 3: Metroid Dread
  • 4: Age of Empires IV
  • 5: One Step from Eden
  • 6: Guilty Gear Strive
  • 7: Halo Infinite
  • 8: MechWarrior 5
  • 9: Hades
  • 10: Deaths Door
  • Ongoing Game 1: Sea of Thieves
  • Ongoing Game 2: Killing Floor 2
  • Ongoing Game 3: Dota 2

This was difficult since I had to look up release dates… and a few were actually released at the tail end of 2020… Also Due Process was early access so i had to kick it off the ongoing games list.

3 Likes
  • 1: It Takes Two
  • 2: Forza Horizon 5
  • 4: Psychonauts 2
  • 5: Mario Party Superstars
  • 6: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
  • 7: Back 4 Blood
  • 8: Chivalry 2
  • 9: FarCry 6
  • 10: Rocket League Sideswipe
  • Ongoing Game 1: Rocket League
  • Ongoing Game 2: Flight Simulator
  • Ongoing Game 3: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
3 Likes
  • 1: The Forgotten City
  • 2: Hitman 3
  • 4: AOE 4
  • 5: Returnal
  • 6: Forza Horizon 5
  • 7: Death’s Door
  • 8: Cyber Shadow
  • 9: Resident Evil Village
  • 10: Metroid Dread

Lists are hard lol

6 Likes

Yey, more lists!!

5 Likes

1: It Takes Two 2: Disco Elysium - The Final Cut 3: Forza Horizon 5 4: The Procession to Calvary 5: The Ascent 6: Twelve Minutes 7: Psychonauts 2 8: Unpacking 9: The Forgotten City 10: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Some may not be this year’s games sorry, it’s just what I played this year/seemed new to me when they came to Game Pass

5 Likes

Nice list!

More unpacking love…

You! I like you :green_heart:

• 1: Ratchet Clank Rift Apart

• 2: Forza Horizon 5

• 3: Mario 3D World

• 4: The Gunk

• 5: Guardians Of Galaxy

• 6: Kena

• 7: Mario Party Superstars

• 8: Psychonauts 2

• 9: FIFA 22

• 10: Halo Infinite

• Ongoing Game 1: Rocket League

• Ongoing Game 2: Gears 5

• Ongoing Game 3: Sea Of Thieves

Honourable mentions: Ghost Tsushima Directors Cut, FFVIIR integrade

Last year for me had 3 Xbox games, this year has 4 so that’s an improvement. :+1:

3 Likes
  • 1: Halo Infinite
  • 2: Hades
  • 3:Deaths Door
  • 4: Outriders
  • 5:Forza 5
  • 6:psyconaughts 2

Honestly thats all I got for 2021 that I would consider my top games. Everything else I played was old

Last of us 2 Subnautica Dead Cells Wolfenstein 2 Doom eternal DLC Yakuza 0 Prey Carrion Demon Souls anda few more

• 8:
  • 9:
  • 10:
  • Ongoing Game 1:
  • Ongoing Game 2:
  • Ongoing Game 3:
2 Likes

Four.

FOUR!!!

4 days remaining.

1 Like