XboxEra Community Game of the Year 2021 - Post your lists!

• 1: Ratchet Clank Rift Apart

• 2: Forza Horizon 5

• 3: Mario 3D World

• 4: The Gunk

• 5: Guardians Of Galaxy

• 6: Kena

• 7: Mario Party Superstars

• 8: Psychonauts 2

• 9: FIFA 22

• 10: Halo Infinite

• Ongoing Game 1: Rocket League

• Ongoing Game 2: Gears 5

• Ongoing Game 3: Sea Of Thieves

Honourable mentions: Ghost Tsushima Directors Cut, FFVIIR integrade

Last year for me had 3 Xbox games, this year has 4 so that’s an improvement. :+1:

3 Likes
  • 1: Halo Infinite
  • 2: Hades
  • 3:Deaths Door
  • 4: Outriders
  • 5:Forza 5
  • 6:psyconaughts 2

Honestly thats all I got for 2021 that I would consider my top games. Everything else I played was old

Last of us 2 Subnautica Dead Cells Wolfenstein 2 Doom eternal DLC Yakuza 0 Prey Carrion Demon Souls anda few more

• 8:
  • 9:
  • 10:
  • Ongoing Game 1:
  • Ongoing Game 2:
  • Ongoing Game 3:
2 Likes

Four.

FOUR!!!

4 days remaining.

1 Like

2 Likes
  • 1: Life is Strange: True Colors

• 2: Resident Evil Village

• 3: Guardians of the Galaxy

• 4: Halo Infinite

• 5: Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

• 6: Dark Pictures: House of Ashes

• 7: Psychonauts 2

• 8: Death’s Door

• 9: Forza Horizon 5

• 10: Last Stop

• Ongoing Game 1: Escape from Tarkov

• Ongoing Game 2: Sea of Thieves

• Ongoing Game 3: Call of Duty: Warzone

3 Likes
  1. Psychonauts 2 - Surprised how much I loved this as I don’t typically like this genre nor did I like the original. Gameplay was serviceable but everything else was top shelf. Writing , story, characters, art, level design. One of the most memorable game experiences I’ve ever had.

2. Halo Infinite - Best Halo I’ve ever played. Played the MP every day for a month which is rare for me these days. I’ve always been more of a CoD guy but I think this is the first Halo that matches if not exceeds the game feel of those titles.

3. Hitman 3 - A great conclusion to arguably the best trilogy of recent times. This series epitomises everything that is great about gaming.

4. Lake - A really warm and cosy game where you play as a middle aged woman delivering mail to the residents of a small town. There’s really nothing that stands out from a gameplay or story perspective but I really enjoyed my 6 or so hours in this world.

5. Forza Horizon 5 - I was a little disappointed with the lack of polish at launch, but overall I’ve had a great time with this one.

Ongoing game

1. Fallout 76 - I played the snot out of this in the first half of the year, reaching level 140 odd. If you like the Bethesda formula of exploring, looting and crafting you really should give this a go.

2. State of Decay 2 - Downloaded this recently on the Series X and was pleasantly surprised to see how far this game has come. It really feels like a remaster of the Xbox One version. Better lighting, textures, loading and just all round polish. They’ve also added new maps, outfits and weapons and made some tweaks to the gameplay. This series feels like a sleeping giant for Xbox.

3 Likes

3 days remaining!

1 Like
  • 1: Psychonauts 2
  • 2: Halo Infinite
  • 3: Deathloop
  • 4: Resident Evil Village
  • 5: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
  • 6: Metroid Dread
  • 7: Forza Horizon 5
  • 8: Little Nightmares 2
  • 9: Returnal
  • 10: Sable
3 Likes

A bit more than 24 hours to go! Make sure to enter your lists prior to January 31st 11 PM GMT!

4 Likes
  1. Psychonauts 2
  2. Metroid Dread
  3. Fantasian
  4. Shin Megami Tensei V
  5. Death’s Door
  6. Resident Evil Village
  7. Halo Infinite
  8. Tales of Arise
3 Likes

Moar! Moar!

2 Likes

1: Forza Horizon 5

2: It takes two

3: Halo infinite

4: Back 4 Blood

5: Outriders

6: Age of empires IV

7: Unpacking

8: rain on your parade

9: second extinction

Pretty much the only 2021 releases i played/tried

Ongoing Game 1: Minecraft

Ongoing Game 2: Grounded

Ongoing Game 3: Human fall flat ( if it counts lol )

3 Likes

Goooooooooooooo Unpacking!!

:heart:

1 Like
  1. Halo Infinite The most fun I’ve had in any multiplayer/arena game. Forge can’t come soon enough.

2. The Ascent I feel like this one just launched with some fanfare but never really did anything too big or so. Soundtrack, setting and some of the plot was really enjoyable.

3. Forza Horizon 5 Playground just keeps upping their own games and I’m not sure how they keep doing this. My favourite racer of all time got dethroned after more than a decade and I’m happy it’s this game that did it. Amazing setting as well.

4. Psychonauts 2 A pleasant surprise although I did expect something really good out of Double Fine.

5. Scarlet Nexus Really tight gameplay and hopefully the start of a cool new Bamco series.

3 Likes

Excited to see the end results.

3 Likes

Four hours remaining!

2 Likes
  1. Psychonauts 2

The themes this game chose to tackle was approached in a far more thoughtful way than I would typically expect from the Xbox brand. Microsoft is lucky to have them on their team and I hope their talents are not wasted.

2 Likes

Mad lad :smiley:

1 Like

1, Halo infinite 2,Psychonauts 2 3,Mario party superstars 4, marvel guardians of the galaxy 5The artful escape.

2 Likes
  1. Halo Infinite
  2. Death’s Door
  3. The Ascent
  4. Forza Horizon 5
  5. Half-Life: Alyx (this will always be on my list, forever)
  6. It Takes Two
  7. Hitman 3
  8. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
  9. Psychonauts 2
  10. The Arttful Escape

Ongoing Games

1. The Division 2
  2. Rocket League
  3. Minecraft Dungeons
5 Likes