Xbox Studios in 3 years

The Zhuge talk here is bizarre. Straight up, the guy is straight laced and not biased AT ALL in his tweets. The Xbox Division was struggling 3 yrs ago while Phil was still fighting for more resources. He made the case and turned EVERYTHING around. Zhuge has praised Phil for this in the recent past. Come on guys.

5 Likes

Well, someone who we are absolutely not talking about here did tweet that all his media/journalist followers should avoid XboxEra. A very drastic and bizarre thing imho. The one we are not mentioning also just happens to be involved in another site spewing hate at Xbox. But yeah, unbiased is the first thing that comes to my mind too!

He has retracted and deleted that tweet. He has also separated himself from that other site. So I suggest we get back on topic to how far the division has come in three years instead of skirting around a warning.

And more to come!

Really the only thing Microsoft is missing now is Japanese studios. Hopefully they treat Tango good and expand them to 2 teams because having good word of mouth as an employer in Japan would really help them get more studios or build their own. Microsoft should just set up a studio beside fromsoft and offer Hidetaka Miyazaki a lot of money to come over and make what ever game he wants.

3 Likes

Agreed, Iā€™m still hopeful for White Owls or JP Games. Sprinkle in a bit of Mistwalker and I think everything would be golden.

Of course, thatā€™s assuming those Sega rumors are true, then I can truly be happy with the state of Xbox. /s

Mistwalker isnā€™t what it once was would be a waste to acquire them. I Think level 5 would be a good get so they can make games they actually want to make instead of yo kai watch

Level 5 also isnt what they once were haha, theyve had a rough few years recently

Because of financial difficulties Microsoft would help with that

Its also just quality of their games and the creative force behind them arent as good as what they used to be, no ammount of money can improve their games if the creatives behind them arent good.

You have a point but when your company is forced to do yo kai watch and inazuma eleven it can sap the creativity out of the teams. I enjoyed both ni no kuni so I have faith in them

Nah I disagree with this, launch is barren as it is because of the lack of first party investment back then. If xbox was truly investing in the future at that point we would be seeing the fruits of that investment right now.

The turnaround is crazy. Rand al Thor mentioned it on his podcast last week I think it was, how people around Xbox talked to him about funding cuts and how the higher ups questioned Phil on why they bothered to even be in gaming anymore.

Fast forward to 2020, Xbox is in a great spot.

But we are, they had a very packed year, one of their best this gen, imo. Their goal was never to have a packed launch even before Covid hit and delayed Halo Infinite, as they were already planning to take advantage of smart delivery and have all games leading up to SX since gears 5 updated to it, and keep the flow post launch too (but that part might be affected by covid now as well)

Tired of fake insiders spreading crap about Xbox. All the Sony slanted insiders have all pretty much been 100% wrong for a long time now. They are all full of crap and just spread rumors for frantic Sony fan clicks.

1 Like

Really is crazy how things are turning around. 3 years ago I would have said I was a Sony fanboy. Xbox is now my primary gaming platform and I expect it be for the foreseeable future.

I donā€™t see anything wrong with that tweet or with Ahmad in general. Xbox fans need to chill a bit.

It was really clear in 2017 that Xbox was going nowhere and lacked Microsoft funding. Spencer went to Nadella to convince him to unlock that funding, it worked and he became VP of gaming in a senior leadership team.

From August 2017, no one could have forseen what would happen to Xbox now. Itā€™s so easy for people to judge afterhands when they actually know what happened.

Iā€™ve gone after Zhuge numerous times before whilst he was on Gaf, and the early days of Era. However as the years have gone on, I feel he has become less biased, and more neutral. I think that info he had may have been based on the previous years of xbox.

Once again, what happened in 2018 was in planning behind the scenes in 2017. Some you live being consistently wrong, yet so convinced of being right.

I didnā€™t talk about 2018 in my post tho