Xbox S|X issues to be aware of for launch

People are numpties.

I wanted to play Ori at 4K/120 but when I try to switch to 120 it forces me to make the resolution to 1440p. How do I fix that or is it a tv problem

So far no problems here for me

My only issue is the LB button on my controller is quite stiff, but no issues with the console itself.

So is vrr at 120hz not working right now? Picking up my lg cx today was hoping to try some stuff at 4k 120hz with vrr

Anyone else had weird static/robotic voices in party chat with XSX? We’re in party chat and one of my friends says something and all of a sudden it stutters or sounds almost robotic. Not once had this with Xbox One. I’m sure it’s a software thingy that needs a patch.

Works superb for me on my C9 ever since the latest firmware update. After the update I did turn the TV off and also unplugged it from the wall for a hour or Two.

I’ve got a CX and its working fine for me.

1 Like

DTS or DTS X does not work at all on the series X. If I select DTS in settings it reverts back to dolby digital and DTS X doesn’t work at all, says my receiver is not compatible but I know it is as I’ve used it before. My pioneer vsx933 supports both atmos and DTS X. Never had these issues on my one X.

I have a question, not sure if this is the thread to ask it in. My younger brother purchased the Series S and I got the Series X. Now we’re attempting to gameshare, i have Gamepass Ultimate.

So in reading what needs to be done, I signed into his account on my Xbox and he signed into my account on his Xbox and we made each others xboxes our “home” Xbox.

He purchased COD Cold War and I was able to find it in my history and download it. But for some strange reason his account isn’t allowing him to play online and when he does on his own account, when I log into my account it prevents me from playing games.

What are we doing wrong!?

Hmmm. Running DTS X on my Denon S930H. Works just fine. If I put in Jurassic Park in 4K(movies are DTS X) and pick either DTS Surround, it automatically changes over to DTS X Master. If I just select the new option for DTS X via HDMI under Dolby Atmos, works just fine also. Do you have the DTS App downloaded on your XSX?

What tv u got?

I just restarted my xbox and it booted up in 640p. Had to restart it again for it to fix itself.

So I’m trying to see captures from my series x on my phone but the app only shows my old captures from my xbox one anyone know how to fix this?

This happened to me, turned out we had in game voice chat going on aswell as party. Soon as we muted/turned off in game chat the robot noises stopped

Oh nice! Where can you do this? Or did you do this in a MP game? Cause we’ve all been mostly been playing singleplayer games like ACV.

Yes I have the app. As I’ve said if I select DTS in the settings menu it keeps reverting back to dolby digital. I never has this happen on my One X it output DTS to my receiver without issue. The only difference between my Series X and One X in setup is my One X was connected through the receiver then on to the TV. The series X is connected to the TV first and sound is comes back through ARC to the receiver. I had to do it that way because my receiver is only HDMI 2.0 and my TV is 2.1

1 Like

My first time installing a game from disc. Is it normal that there’s a lot noise all of a sudden? Or well, let’s just say the disc drive becomes very loud as soon as it starts installing. Normal?

Yes thats normal. It rev’s up the drive extra, did you try playing a game off disc normally? Did it make the same level of noise?

I’ve had 2 crashes so far and when I restart the Series X I get nothing but a black screen, just crashed a few minutes ago playing Black Ops and this time it ain’t coming back on.