Xbox Game Studios |OT9| How many games would a game studio make if a game studio could make games?

Hellblade 2023 maybe, but Gears 6? Not in a million years.

1 Like

They nailed most of the days the PS games came to PC and the date for Redfall.

At this point we should assume most release dates are placeholders, even the announced ones.

You can tell the placeholder dates from the ones that are being projected by the developer. If it says something like January 2024 you know it’s bs but if it says June 2022 (Redfall) you know that was their initial target release timeframe. Others are ballparks Avowed for late 2022 was likely their target same with Contraband etc.

RDR2 keeps surprising me. Things that make you say “the dev actually spent time focusing on this?”. But it’s these small things that really help bring this game world to life. Like how NPCs react to Arthur. Behave strange in front of them like walk around while ducking and they will comment on this, or if you start climbing shit they will say something is wrong with you, lmao.

Not even in Cyberpunk NPCs react this way. This is Rockstar at their best. I hope Starfield will have believable NPCs too, for as much as that’s possible in a BGS game, that is. I don’t expect Rockstar levels, never, but hopefully they aren’t as wooden as they usually are. I also hope BGS has made significant changes how conversations will happen in Starfield compared to their previous games. The in your face conversations from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim thankfully was gone with Fallout 4, but I’m hoping for something new.

4 Likes

Gears 6 and ES6 dates alone should tell you not to take the dates seriously

1 Like

What did they say for TES?

2024 iirc

1 Like

Man don’t get me wrong I’d love that so freaking much, but that’s two years after Starfield. Nobody should kid themselves.

Yea

We would be lucky to get ES6 in 2025, nevermind 24

• Bethesda will have their own showcase this summer - Trouble in the Xbox family?

• Bethesda distances itself from Xbox - Starfield to be shown at own event.

• Bethesda no longer at the Xbox Showcase - Preparing for multiplatform?

• No Starfield at the Xbox event - Bethesda to hold separate event, is Starfield coming to PS5?

• Starfield no longer at Xbox Showcase - Will we see a PS5 version?

• Xbox and Bethesda having separate events - The honeymoon is over.

19 Likes

I think 2025 is the year of TES6. Starfield took so much time due to change of the engine. For TES6 it would be more about assets, quests, cinematics etc. Should take less time. I would not be surprised if it is not already in a preproduction.

Also I presume a lot of these days did not include COVID delays and other delays.

1 Like

Every other date has been right on target or slightly early (so could easily be delayed from target). There hasn’t been anything concrete to suggest Gear 6 should take any longer than usual, the Coalition always takes 2-3 years.

“Xbox - Bethesda showcase” What changed?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m in agreement with this. Elder Scrolls VI is in pre-production and Todd Howard said once a game enters full production its 2-3 years.

We know Coalition are working on multiple projects and are supposed to be using the first project to get used to UE5, if that’s the case it will be coming before Gears 6 so that alone will force Gears 6 beyond the usual time frame

Plus, they were pumping out those games every few years because they, along with playground and turn 10 were the only devs they could rely on to put out things efficiently at high quality

Now that they have a billion studios, they will likely take longer because they can

Xbox + Bethesda = Not anymore.

-Xbox and Bethesda goes their separate ways this summer.

4 Likes

We don’t exactly know that. It hasn’t been explained whether the matrix demo was the other project or not.

The sad part is, those kind of headlines sound extremely likely, sigh.

10 Likes

The Matrix Demo wasn’t theirs. They only assisted on it. The other UE5 video clips we saw from The Coalition’s investigations might be the other “project” listed.