Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

If ES6 is a 2026 game then might as well delay it 1 year and make it a next gen xbox launch title.

1 Like

Considering we got magnitudes more compute power I think AI has either gotten worse or didn’t advance enough in any meaningful ways.

I’m hopeful ML should advance it in interesting ways now though

Define “games”

Yeah this is my thoght, it just perfect storm with new console

Interactive entertainment

1 Like

Will there even be a next-gen Xbox though :phil_unsure:

Why it’s not like the game would be exclusive to next gen. It would be a repeat of this gen cross gen titles for first 2 years

1 Like

Interesting! I cannot wait to see what the actual combat is going to be like. It sounds like it takes the first game but is way higher in budget, more fleshed oud and better combat and more realistic locations judging by devs not allowed to invent new pathways and structures. Sounds like they want to make it as true to life as possible.

I wonder what it’s going to mean for exploration, I guess it depends on how much those locations in real life allow for exploration.

yup . Im not saying make it exclusive to next gen xbox . Just make it a launch title IF its a 2026 game .

1 Like

Never gotten the complaint about AI this past gen lol.

Thats gonna be fallout 5 relax

es6 in 2026… perhaps.

next gen year later in 2027? Hahahahah.

with the wait console supplies are going, im expecting an extra long 10 year gen (with 2028 being earliest if we are very lucky)

1 Like

Yup I think 2028 is the earliest we see next gen consoles.

Xbox will have enough teams that there won’t be a reason for anything to be delayed to be a launch title.

2 Likes

Is Indy gonna be a next gen xbox title too?

1 Like

I think either this gen will be longer, or next-gen will be different, as in more like mid-gen upgrades or something like PC.

2026:

Xbox Series X2 – Stop native support for Xbox Series S, new games target Xbox Series X and Series X2

2030:

Xbox Series X3 – Stop native support for Series X, new games target X2 and X3

We are literally getting games for the base xbox one, one s and ps4 variants. This will never happen imo.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s how it’ll play out. Series S and X are very even except with the resolution they can output. If you stop supporting one, might as well cut off the other.

Slightly off topic but is there a thread that lists all First party projects in development and also stuff Jez and Grubb have leaked ?

Yeah, that’s why I said “different” and yeah maybe not exactly like I said but I feel something different with this gen and the next