Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

I’m totally for that, they do really need to reboot it like God of War. I hope they do it after Gears 6. Also would like to add the games probably felt very samey because they had to pump em out quickly because Xbox had like 5 studios lol. After Gears 6, go back to the drawing board and give em some time to come back much stronger.

I hope they do it with Gears 6 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wish to see what Project Noah was about…

1 Like

The studio that chose to make Gears of War games and has now worked on multiple other franchises such as Halo an Perfect Dark all while working on their own “new ip” small title to learn UE5? That Coalition?

8 Likes

As a person who doesn’t care about horror games, nice!, as a whole though I hope horror fans can get some exclusives from Tango or from a 3rd party in the future.

2 Likes

I just remembered we have a specific thread for ‘discussing’ Gears!

I hope so, because when he said this

“First of all, we should produce a masterpiece every ten years. "

It kinda sounds that way.

But if they are indeed hiring more and more people, the team that makes AAA could stay doing that and then I can’t see it taking ten years between each project.

I believe we can have a healthy Gears discussion now that some users were suspended

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes

are you sure about that

1 Like

Some good games from last gen were not AAA but AA. (Outer Worlds, Biomutant, Ghost of a Tale), it’s never about the budget just how some studios use it. See some Ubisoft games that are AAA but worse games than alot of AA.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know that anyone thinks that every game they put out is a masterpiece though

That quote could also be a mistranslation of what he actually said.

Even if it wasn’t, what I think he meant was that their target is to make a game that is critically received as a ‘masterpiece’ atleast once every 10 years, not that they will make a ‘AAA’ game every 10 years IMO.

4 Likes

Mikami then shifted the team’s focus to a Dune-inspired project called Noah, a “survival adventure” set on a colony that had recently lost contact with the rest of civilization after the earth became uninhabitable.

Interesting article about the stuff that was before TeW came out. I wonder if the above is his dream game or if that’s something else.

Noah sounds very interesting if they can free it from the usual survival game mould.

1 Like

For me, I just want the games to be gameplay-focused and not cinematic like Uncharted or Sony’s other Mexican soap operas.

The PS1 and PS2 basically thrived mostly on these kinds of games. As did Xbox and Gamecube but especially the PS2. I see as much YouTube video essays 20 something years later about janky shit like Overblood and Drakenguard as i do the FF7s and Metal Gears games.

I really miss when big publishers like Square and Capcom would put out shit like Racing Lagoon ( Imagine if the first Fast and Furious movie and Final Fantasy 7 had a baby ) Parasite Eve, Killer7, etc.

The 90s - early/mid 2000s were great times to be a gamer. Thank goodness for emulation.

1 Like

If I didn’t know any better, I say you guys want Xbox to walk in and tell Tango no on changing creative freedom. Some of you don’t want to say it but I do think you want them to be aggressive and demand Uncharted territory. But I just woke up, so who knows.

4 Likes

This is all in your head and not verified at all.