Xbox Game Studios |OT8| Leaving The Drought Behind And Heading For Starfield

Anything better than Xbox One generation is a win folks.

It’s only been a year.

C - H - I - L - L

1 Like

This isn’t going to be the “We Win” Generation.

This is the “Oh, people actually care about Xbox and talk about it again positively” generation.

4 Likes

With even the slightest increase in effort outside of the anglosphere they would lessen the gap considerably. They are not interested though.

2 Likes

15m units to 11 Is a good ratio for Xbox due the lack of available hardware. As you said, the next Starfield, Fable, Avowed and more should be a very good reason to invest into Xbox ecosystem.

1 Like

They are profusing more efforts in Japan Market (and a Sega’s acquisition would help a lot in this sense) , Europe, South America (Brazil, Argentina and more) and USA/Canada of course.

There’s a market analysis thread specifically for this kind of discussion

1 Like

Xbox has a significant developer presence in the UK. They have a burgeoning presence in France and Sweeden.

If they add a few more studio locations in France and Sweden they’ll have a real 0resence

3 Likes

This year’s event theme is about Akatosh and the codename is Dune via Datamining.

Last year was the first time that the event was correlated to the expansion.

Anyways the first thing I can think of when I see water are Yokudan/Redguards.

Edit: It would be very cool if they add a new playable race. The Maomee, Sea elves, would fit this water teaser as well.

3 Likes

@javycane

1 Like

I think Codename Blacksky is new?

Hi-fi Rush :thinking:

Also a third Undead Lab studio?

I’ve seen it talked about before. I always thought it might be Prey 2

iirc Skullzi once said that Blacksky might be a Fantasy setting game made in unreal engine .

So if the third Undead Lab studio is correct, and it is located in Illinois, it would almost have west-middle area-east coast coverage

ngnl thats a good spot-ish

I’m guessing that would be somewhere around Chicago, right?

Looks like it’s around Champaign, which is home to one of the top CS/Engineering schools in the US. So probably a decent engineering presence in the area.

1 Like

They want more genres of games coming to keep people subscribed. If you love Shooters, Western RPG’s, or racing games then you will always have something to play. But, what about JRPG’s, third person action games, platformers. If you want those your going to look elsewhere.